Is the school full?

If you look in the two threads underneath this one you have created, you will see there are several other applicants that discovered this within the last couple weeks. I am not sure what the reason is but we have to assume they have so many applicants that they are unable to take more at this time.

Those who have received secondaries are starting to be invited for interviews and some of us are still waiting to find out if we will even be invited for one. Last year they interviewed through January. Since they are on rolling admission, I assume they send out invites based on when they received your CASPA and secondary.

Well Just so everyone knows I submitted my secondary application on June 22, 2011 and I already received a rejection letter... :( so don't feel bad, it seems like this year they have had a lot more applicants than they originally anticipated, so they get to be EXTRA picky with who they interview and accept.

Guest CaseyRyanClark

Personally, I believe that it was based on the timing of your application. I was told that my application wasn't even looked at && I submitted 5/31. I wasn't early enough.

Sucks, because this was the only program I truly saw myself at.

Not much to do, but continue to apply(years to come) and next time apply EARLY!

Hmmmm, this is confusing. I submitted my secondary mid-July and haven't heard either way. My understanding of the rolling admissions was that it's actually more like rolling interviews. I thought schools filled their interview seats based on when they received applications if they do rolling admissions. Did they actually tell you that you were too late, CaseyRyanClark? How can 5/31 not be early enough? I thought Caspa didn't mail the first batch of applications out until mid-June anyway.

That is correct. CASPA did not do mailings until June - you can call to verify this or check your CASPA by clicking "programs" and check your mailing date listed.

If you submitted a secondary mid july i would assume based on rolling admissions / interviews that you would be hearing back after me (i also have not heard anything) and i submitted my secondary on 06/28.

I really wouldnt be concerned about not hearing back yet, they are still in the early stages of reviewing secondary applicants for interviews.

i hope that is the case lol. i feel sorry for caseyryanclark. i'm still baffle how her application is not even look at and it looks like she submitted her app before us. i submitted my secondary on august 15 =/

do they send you like an email saying they have received your money?

Guest CaseyRyanClark
i hope that is the case lol. i feel sorry for caseyryanclark. i'm still baffle how her application is not even look at and it looks like she submitted her app before us. i submitted my secondary on august 15 =/

do they send you like an email saying they have received your money?

I submitted my secondary June 22. However, when speaking with admissions, I was under the impression and based on the letter that stated there was just too many applicants, who were competitive and filled up the interviews. The first 200 applicants to fill the interviews get the slots. (Did you know that A.T. Still received more applications than any other program through CASPA), heard it at one of the info sessions. They were not lying. I have no idea... When I spoke with one of the faculty from admissions, they said I don't know if they have even looked at it. I don't know who to believe. (I wish they would just tell you). Maybe I wasn't competitive enough and I was part of 200, but really wasn't rejected? But the kind of the keep pile. Hell if I know. All that was said was, we currently have filled our interview seats for june 2012, that to please note it wasn't based off of any weakness of your application, but that there was an enormous amount of applicants that filled the seats before they could offer me one. It went on to state or reiterate to apply early!! I was like, what?? okay. I guess it wasn't my time to get in.

That being said, means NOTHING. Some people do not show up to interviews, because they get in else where, who knows what can happen. They could reopen for more applicants. I have no idea. Mr. Goodwin has his own rubric system && his own little antics (even some of the admin. tell me, he is secretive, that they have no IDEA).He doesn't tell anyone about he's next move... I am not part of the committee and they certainly will not tell you anything, because they probably do not know exactly everything that the committee has put together. All I know is don't GIVE up hope. You might just surprise yourself. Also, note that when you turned in your application, the status of your application at A.T. Still is important. Although mine was completed with CASPA and sent, when it made it's way through the secondary and to Arizona, it took awhile for my application to pull through. (Also, I was taking two courses that I was updating them with.) I'm not sure when it was actually considered "put" together and filed. I was trying to get a hold of a few people in the department to help me. BTW I just found out that additional information is not look at during application reviews (such as updated transcripts, etc..) I was told by the admissions recruiter that we could totally do it, the whole reason why I applied this year, even though I was in the middle of taking a couple pre- reqs.

Believe me, I've heard crazy things happen before to programs. I pray that you guys don't receive the letter. Perhaps if you haven't already, you're okay and they may be opening up spots for interviews. I have no idea, I'm just trying to be more encouraging to you guys. I know it's discouraging news to read people posting on the forums that the school is filled. (My heart sank, when I first read that). But just maybe it is your time.... to get in!!

I know that this forum can feel discouraging a time or two when others are invited for interviews and you are still waiting to hear back. PLEASE try very HARD to take the words and circumstances of others with a grain of salt. You have done everything you can up to this point. It is out of your control. Perhaps there is just something about your essay, name that attracts attention of one of the committee members, even if seats are filled, who knows. I just don't want you to give up hope.

@CaseyRyanClark, perhaps you should be careful about what you post with your real name. I found your posting to be filled with gossip, inuendo, and unsubstantiated information. AdComs do read these boards and personally, I would not invite you for interview should I be on the committee simply because of this posting. I see that you edited it last night but perhaps you should read it again and re-edit and remove all the "I heard" and "people say" and so forth information as it doesn't help anyone, especially you.

This is just a guess....A.T. Still probably received the most CASPA applications because they do not require a GRE score. This was a big deal this year because of the change in the GRE format. I bet if they require a GRE score next year they will get far less applicants. :;-D:

That probably has something to do with it. Personally, for superficial reasons (other than what the program offers and its credibility), I applied because of it's location and the fact that they offer ~75 seats with a relatively low interview pool. I interviewed last year at a school where the odds were about 1 in 5, so the chances are in the applicants/interviewees favor at AT Still. Of course as I stated before that is not the only reason but only part of the selection for prospective schools. I did take the GRE so I guess I am biased in the fact that the they do not require it and it didn't matter to me either way. I applied as soon as CASPA opened up and was offered an interview.

I agree with your comment for CaseyRyanClark. That post seemed to have alot of "hearsay" attached to it. You have to remember that there are over 150 programs in the US and each of them take in a significant amount applications. With that said, there are 150 programs which means that there is a lot of opportunity to apply to different schools. I found that out the hard way as I only applied to one last year and was put on the waiting list. I learned my lesson and opened my selection criteria to cover a range of schools.

Good luck to those interviewing, and still waiting to hear back!

This cycle for ATSU hasn't quite gone as we had planned I do not think! When I asked for an application review after I received a rejection, I was told that it would have helped me if I graduated from my masters program and those final grades were in.... about 3 weeks before I called to update my account and send transcripts and was told that even if I did, my application would not be updated because they only look at the application as submitted by CASPA. They do not look at any additional information received. I was sad because I really had no shot but everything happens for a reason! I truly believe that!

Good luck to everyone!

Last year 23% of ALL CASPA applicants applied to ATSU. That is an absolutely insane percentage considering there are 150+ schools. Obviously the minimum requirements are pretty low considering they don't want the GRE and have zero required patient care hours. I'm glad they aren't accepting any more applications. I don't think it is fair to take people's money when you know the application will never even be considered. Next year they'll start requiring Biochemistry which should taper the apps down a bit.

Good luck everyone!

ATSU Class of 2013

User Name is wise and makes good points on this issue! I agree! (: Considering the posts last year, people were quite upset at ATSU taking their money despite the fact they would just turn around and reject them for sake of no interview space left...I am curious to see what happens next year also with the Biochem requirement...if they go forward with it and don't push it back...

Good Luck everyone! Be persistent and make success out of your efforts! (:

AT Still will never require the GRE. They don't believe it has any real correlation to a student's ability to learn. I could see them adding a Spanish prereq because people with no prior exposure had some difficulty with the pace of Medical Spanish. I doubt they really will but I think they should at least encourage people to take a Spanish class prior to matriculation.

The program faculty definitely do read these boards and using your real name is not a good idea if you plan to bash the program. Every PA program is going to have good and bad. High stress situations always lead to problems but this is a good school. I don't agree with everything that happens but overall the program is solid. It is also very inexpensive compared to many other schools. In the end it won't matter what school you went to aside from the balance of your student loans. No matter program it is you will suffer some mental torture due to the sheer volume of information. It is a lot easier to process information when you know you will actually use it to treat patients unlike undergrad where you memorized pointless information just to see if you could. We have pathophysiology this semester taught by a pathologist/coroner and the class is just awesome. I wish we had that class every day. I'm rambling on now because I'm burnt out on studying and am procrastinating but just know that nobody will care what school you went to ten years from now.

Archived