Interview help! (8/19/2011)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best advice I got before my interview was from one of my professors; he said to be honest, be yourself, and don't just say the things that you know they want to hear and will hear from every applicant. It sounds simplistic, but that is usually all it takes. If you are confident in your decision to pursue this career, and know about the current state of healthcare in this country, then you will be fine. Congratulations and good luck at your interview!

I will be coming from San Francisco, California. Background about me (responding to odie07): B.S in Cell Biology from UC Davis. Prior clinical research work in Oncology/Hematology, Emergency Medicine. Currently working at UCSF Center for Reproductive Health doing Infertility clinical studies. I volunteered in Costa Rica & Nicaragua as a medical volunteer. Currently, also volunteer with the San Francisco Suicide Prevention as an emotional counselor for the HIV/AIDS nightline. GPA: 3.45. I participate in team 8-ball competition in Las Vegas since 2009.

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't heard anything either way. I submitted my secondary in the beginning of August, but had to get score reports sent from high school exams. I received credit for a few of the pre-requisite courses on my university transcript, but Drexel required I send my actual scores. These were sent in mid-August from the testing organization. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get in touch with anyone the last several times I've tried calling to see if my application is finally complete.

hi everyone,

Good luck to those who are interviewing soon! I also interviewed on 8/19 and was accepted 2 weeks ago. The acceptance package will be coming soon, in about a week.

I felt that the interview day was organized, and everyone was really nice. The program def. supports its students. A lot opportunities to practice your skills on patients outside of class since the hospital is literaly attached to the classrom. Just remember to relax and be yourself on that day! :)

Archived