2012 Cycle

Haven't heard back from Stony Brook after the 11/19 interview. Do you think there is any chance those of us who did not get acceptance calls still have a shot? I haven't gotten a "Sorry" letter/email either.

I wouldn't start sweating just yet... I took them two solid weeks to get back to me about my acceptance. Don't forget there's also the wait list, if you don't get accepted outright. So no need for panic mode.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I waited and booked a few days ago at the holiday inn express and got it for a 100 dollars cheaper on hotels.com compared to what they quoted on the official website. Speaking of which does anybody know of things to do around the hotel apparently the university isn't walking distance or I guess easy to get to on foot. I'm not sure if anything really is.

anybody applied around deadline date? What are the chances for us to get the interview?

When I went to the interview on 12/8/11, they told us that it was the last interview session. So, I think if you didn't get an invite, then they are no longer looking at the applications or offering any more interviews...

I feel like I did awful on the interview, I am going to be surprised if I get in. My first 20 minute session was like rapid fire questioning and really intimidating, especially since my interviewers showed no expression at all! I stumbled a lot, here's to hoping good luck everyone!

Ah.. yes. This interview was quite a bit different than the other schools. They really had poker faces and NO RESPONSE at all. Other places would smile or nod so that I felt I was at least making a connection with them. It wasn't so bad, but I really did not feel confident and it was almost scary to talk to them :( One interviewer looked almost displeased with me from the beginning. But the student's were okay, at least they nodded or smiled a bit every so often.

I wonder if we will hear back soon. The first years told me that after the December interview, they got a phone call in about 3 days!

Hi guys!! I feel exactly the same way! I had no responses or facial expressions from the interviewers and I felt like my questions were not good enough and so one guy kept digging. The second round I felt went ok, but was still sweating from the first round! I had quite a few of the ethical/hypothetical questions, too. Its been 3 days! I'm nervous now. They did say two weeks though, so I'm trying to stay positive! Keep me posted everyone! Thanks!!

I interviewed 12/8 in the morning session and received an acceptance call 12/15

Wow congrats to you! anyone else? I really thought my interviews went well, I didn't mind the questioning because I think they were just trying to see what we were made of and if we would crack under pressure or not. I didn't crack... but maybe it didn't go as well as I thought.

Archived