2012 Cycle

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone! Im going to c/p the e-mail I received today in case any of you didn't get it....

Dear Applicant:

I would like to thank you for your interest in our program. This email is to confirm that we have received your application from CASPA. We are still waiting for our supplemental application link to go live, and will send that to you via email when it is available. You will then have two weeks from the date of that email to complete it, and send it to us electronically. This email is for informational purposes only, there is no need to reply or contact the program. Also, please do not send us any transcripts or documents. If we require something from you, we will contact you directly. Please understand that we deal with 1800 candidates a year.

Again, we will send you the link to the supplemental when it becomes available. Please do not contact the program unless we contact you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Question for all who are filling out their supplementals..

For the prerequisite section, the app states "please note that Anatomy and Physiology are not requirements but strongly recommended courses." I ran into some trouble trying to list only 8 Biology credits.

I was a Bio major, so I took a good deal of Bio courses in my undergrad. I went back to take A and P I and II, but took these at a community college. I'm unsure whether or not I should include upper level (400 and 500) Biology electives in the Biology prerequisite category, or if I should list A and P (100 level) because it says they're "highly recommended." I got A's in all Biology courses, so grades aren't a deciding factor.

I guess my question is... does anyone know if Stonybrook takes into consideration other courses not listed in the section that asks us to list courses "you are using to fulfill our minimum academic requirements"? I'd obviously like to list my upper levels, but I'd like them to note that I took the strongly recommended A and P as well.

Any advice? Would it be best to call the school?

Archived