2012 Cycle

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As cliché and redundant as I'm sure this is....relax and beyourself. You will start off with a brief orientation and overview of theprogram. After that you will either go straight to your interviews, participatein a Q&A, or take a tour depending which group you are in. You will havetwo separate 20 minute interviews. Each interview will have two interviewers, aprofessor and either a current student or graduate of the program. Thequestions are your typical interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary oraimed at making you uncomfortable. They are not going to quiz you on the yourin depth knowledge of the program or belittle you in any way. Be prepared togive clear honest answers to their questions rather than saying what you thinkthey want to hear. Try and make it a conversation and let your personalityshow, have fun with it! Everyone I encountered on the interview day waspleasant, laid back and accommodating. That being said, the interview settingis unnerving no matter how nice everyone is and some questions will inadvertentlyput you on the spot. If this is your first interview it will probably be evenmore nerve-wrecking. I know for my first interview I was terrified and therebyrigid and probably not my best self. It gets easier the more you interview andyou start to kick yourself for not listening to everyone when they said"relax". Just try and remember that you are there because they thinkyou have what it takes to make it in their program now they just want to get toknow you. Also don’t forget that you are interviewing them as well, so ask allthe questions you may have about the program. The faculty and students are morethan willing to answer all your questions, so ask away! Good luck!!!

Exactly what DDIAZ said! Take your time when answering those questions. Google this dude (the pa coach) or his videos on youtube.and pay attention to his helpful tips.There were questions i was asked,where i went huh??? in my head im thinking how can i answer that question ,im not in that situation yet,how can i think like a PA already.But remember they just want to get to know you! .BE HONEST! BE YOURSELF.talk to the students,ask them any questions you have,they were very helpful.if its your first interview,dont get worked up hearing people talk about how they are so ready and its piece of cake because they had the opportunity to interview at other places.(personal experience,but not at SB)..Good luck to you all! :-)

Definitely what shamma said is right, dont start comparingyourself to the other applicants. Its good to socialize and all, but dont startcomparing stats or pay any mind if they start rattling off their resume.Remember, you are all there because you deserve to be so dont let anyone makeyou feel differently! Good luck and have fun!

Archived