Why I love rural EM

On 4/1/2024 at 12:03 AM, sk732 said:

I've had discussions with medical directors about getting dart guns for ED use for standoff Ketamine or olanzapine/haldol use so all concerned are less likely to get injured in a fight to subdue/restrain them...apparently the optics of shooting someone in the ED/Nursing Station are poor, but the admins are of course just fine with people and facilities getting the living Bejeezus beat out of them.

I'm not sure if the meth is getting stronger or if there is some other adulterant in it or what...I'm hoping to not have to go the ketamine route, since we've only got a BS 10mg/10ml concentration of the stuff 🙄...and the Rez "police" aren't sworn peace officers and the nearest Mounties are 20 minutes away IF the ice road is open on the lake...longer if they have to boat it or chopper over in spring/summer.  

Until an event makes national news then " the suits" will be asking why this wasn't addressed sooner!!!

Edited by CAdamsPAC
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CAdamsPAC said:

Until an event makes nation news then " the suits" will be asking  why this wasn't  addressed sooner!!!

Of course they won't let that happen...down play it, even if it's a mass shooting...

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, sk732 said:

I'm not sure if the meth is getting stronger or if there is some other adulterant in it or what

I have heard of more laced drugs lately, such as Xanax laced with Fentanyl. 

They even have billboards suggesting folks test their drugs first...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SedRate said:

I have heard of more laced drugs lately, such as Xanax laced with Fentanyl. 

They even have billboards suggesting folks test their drugs first...

Yet people get upset about safe supply sites...

Irony is that if you kill your clients, it's hard to make money - not a lot of forward business thinking there, unless it's being done to kill people for things like terror aspects and such - my conspiracy theory for the day 🙂