Immigration Physicals in Texas

This morning, the corroborating physician said she will be doing all the immigration physicals from now on.  Apparently she has gotten something stating if she would attest that she (DO) performs the physicals.  Does anyone know if this is correct?  We do quite a few weekly.  I was under the impression that we (PAs) could perform them if it was allowed by the physician.  She does sign off on them not us.  Any insight would be appreciated.  Thanks

It varies per governmental entity or organization. An example would be a worker's comp report form (previously not allowed but I seem to recall a recent change to this rule) as opposed to a state school organization sports PE form, UIL in Texas (allowed). Don't confuse "doing the exam" to signing the form. Technically this changes how the billing is filed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Administrator

If you dig deeper, it states on the 910 form must be a MD or DO, full stop.

DHS should take a page from DOT: non-physician providers can (and do) do a perfectly fine job of structured physicals.

Archived