Application for Fall 2016

Thanks for the helpful info. I was thinking off campus would be cheaper, but I also like the idea of living on campus with other students. I will have to look into the price differences

Yeah no I am completely on the same page of living with other PA students. I think that would really help in regards to studying and all--plus everyone will be on the same schedule with exams and all.  Just haven't really made the decision if it is better on-campus or off.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phil,

You've written some really helpful information on this forum.  I will be interviewing this Saturday (Dec 5th).  I am a senior in high school so I will be applying as a freshmen.  However, I do have a lot of college credits so there is a chance I will be moved up to 2019 or may have to wait a year to start if they accept me!  It'll be a while before I hear if I am accepted or not... And if so, 2019 may be filled up!  But either way, Saturday should be quite the experience.

Thanks for your info!

Phil,

You've written some really helpful information on this forum.  I will be interviewing this Saturday (Dec 5th).  I am a senior in high school so I will be applying as a freshmen.  However, I do have a lot of college credits so there is a chance I will be moved up to 2019 or may have to wait a year to start if they accept me!  It'll be a while before I hear if I am accepted or not... And if so, 2019 may be filled up!  But either way, Saturday should be quite the experience.

Thanks for your info!

SoccerFantatic, 

I am so glad that I could help. If you have any other questions feel free to reach out.  I wish the best of luck for you.  I actually didn't know that you could come into the program right out of HS and get into the 3 year program.  I thought you would have to go through the 4 1/2 year program but best of luck to you--guessing you have a good amount of college credits already. Let me know how it goes on Saturday!

-Phil

Phil, 

Thanks for your offer!  I will take you up on that if I have any questions.  I am not really sure what they will do with me if I am accepted.  My plan is to take it one step at a time, starting with this interview! - haha.    I do have a fair amount of credits from community colleges in our area including many of the requirements. 

I wonder if it will be only be freshmen interviewing on Saturday because nobody on this site seems to be aware of that date. 

Thanks again!

Phil, 

Thanks for your offer!  I will take you up on that if I have any questions.  I am not really sure what they will do with me if I am accepted.  My plan is to take it one step at a time, starting with this interview! - haha.    I do have a fair amount of credits from community colleges in our area including many of the requirements. 

I wonder if it will be only be freshmen interviewing on Saturday because nobody on this site seems to be aware of that date. 

Thanks again!

No problem at all.  I have a feeling it will be a mix of students but you could be right. Good Luck!

Hello everyone! Congratulations to those who got an interview invite and to those who got accepted!! I just received an interview invite yesterday and I registered for 12/5. Super excited and nervous. Could someone please tell me how the interview process was? what kind of questions they were asked and how long the whole interview process was?

Congrats! I hope the interview went well! I'm just curious to know how long it took to receive an interview invite from the time you submitted your application. I wasn't aware of a Dec. 5th interview date. Only October and January. I feel like I'm missing something!! Let me know, again best of luck :) 

It was a mix of students! In fact there were very few freshmen applicants.   I was a little surprised at the ratio. I heard one current PA student at D'Youville say that there were only 8 freshmen in his class of 40, and a female student who recently graduated said there were even less than that in her class.

I think it went well.  I was interviewed with four other high school seniors.  They did well too.  D'Youville will have some tough decisions to make.  Our interviewers said they would notify us within four weeks, but all the current PA students I spoke to there said they were notified within two.  So I am hoping it will come sooner! 

It was a mix of students! In fact there were very few freshmen applicants.   I was a little surprised at the ratio. I heard one current PA student at D'Youville say that there were only 8 freshmen in his class of 40, and a female student who recently graduated said there were even less than that in her class.

I think it went well.  I was interviewed with four other high school seniors.  They did well too.  D'Youville will have some tough decisions to make.  Our interviewers said they would notify us within four weeks, but all the current PA students I spoke to there said they were notified within two.  So I am hoping it will come sooner! 

Sounds like you had a very good interview! I hope you liked the school and please let me know the turnout! Best of luck!

Phil, Bill, and everyone else, 

I was accepted :)  Very excited!!  Thanks for all of the help that you and everyone else posted on this site.  It was great going into interview day with the knowledge you all shared!

Congrats!!!! I am so glad that we could help and I look forward in meeting you next year :).  Hope you have a wonderful holiday!

My class (graduating 2016) has three Canadians in it. You can't do any rotations in Canada but I think they are all planning on practicing in the United States.

Hey! Thanks, I've spoken to one Canadian currently in the program, very helpful! I'm also planning to practice in the States! Thanks :) 

Archived