Application for Fall 2016

Congrats all. I'm a current student in my last year of the program. Get your transfer credits evaluated quickly if you are wanting to move into the class of 2019. Each class fills up pretty fast. Good luck to all it will be an exciting few years ahead!

Thanks JDayBFL! I actually already got all my credits transferred and they moved me up to the 2019 class.  Do you have an suggestions on how to meet people who were already accepted into that class?!  I created the FB group but don't know how to get the group known by the class.  Thanks again for the congratulations!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live in Connecticut so I'm coming from about 7 hours away! And yes I'm really hoping to be bumped up to class of 2019. I have my bachelors degree already so I do not want to be in school for another 4 years!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree with you.  I will be coming from NYC so I am about 6 and a half hours away.  They will send you a packet in the mail in about 1-2 months. (at least that is what happened to me). Once you get this it will include your transfer sheet.  Most of your classes will only transfer over as DYC Elective credits.  Those are the ones that you will need to work on with the registrar to get them transferred over as actual DYC credits.  For example, your A & P 1 will most likely only transfer over as Elective Credits and you will need to get that changed to DYC's A & P 1.  To do that, you would send the syllabus from your undergraduate school along with the transfer request form to the registrar.  You will need to do this for every class. Once you get all the classes moved over you then will ask to be moved into the 2019 class.

Wow yes that's alot of work lol but absolutely worth not taking AP 1 and 2 over again! Anyone know anything about the living situation?

It definitely is but worth it.  I just don't know how many spots are left for 2019 so the quicker the better. As for living, they allow you to live in their graduate housing, I think its like 10,000 a year.  I plan on finding something cheaper in the surrounding area.  So if anyone is looking for a roommate I would be down!  I plan on moving in around the late spring/early summer but that is flexible and I wouldn't mind paying extra rent for the first few months if you couldn't move in right away.

Wow that's a lot of work! Thank you for explaining! I'll definitely have to do that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No problem!

Hello everyone! Congratulations to those who got an interview invite and to those who got accepted!! I just received an interview invite yesterday and I registered for 12/5. Super excited and nervous. Could someone please tell me how the interview process was? what kind of questions they were asked and how long the whole interview process was?

Hello everyone! Congratulations to those who got an interview invite and to those who got accepted!! I just received an interview invite yesterday and I registered for 12/5. Super excited and nervous. Could someone please tell me how the interview process was? what kind of questions they were asked and how long the whole interview process was?

Congrats on the recent interview invite! If you look through the forum you will see that I posted the questions that they ask on the test and I will PM you with the layout of how it works. 

-Phil

I'll second the suggestion to all the people just arriving to this forum and seeing only the end of this thread - it would be well worth your time to go back and read through this entire thread, there is some incredibly helpful information here posted by Phil and others.  I know it helped me immensely with my interview and eventual acceptance to D'Youville.  Thanks again Phil!

I'll second the suggestion to all the people just arriving to this forum and seeing only the end of this thread - it would be well worth your time to go back and read through this entire thread, there is some incredibly helpful information here posted by Phil and others.  I know it helped me immensely with my interview and eventual acceptance to D'Youville.  Thanks again Phil!

No problem at all! I am glad I could help and I look forward to meet you all in the near future--should be a great few years together!

Hey everyone, I am new to this forum but I jut wanted to congratulate all those accepted tho far! 

I have also been accepted to D'Youville and am pretty excited. Does anyone know what they will be doing for housing?

Hi Ssteymou,

Congrats on your acceptance!  I don't think anyone has really set their plans up for housing yet.  I will most likely get an off-campus place within walking distance to the school.  I did call the housing department today and they said we could also do on-campus housing with up to 4 people.  They either will randomly choose your roommates or you could pick the three others but it would be much cheaper for something off campus.  I would recommend adding yourself to the FB groups 2019 and 2020 to see what people are saying about housing.

-Phil

Hi Ssteymou,

Congrats on your acceptance!  I don't think anyone has really set their plans up for housing yet.  I will most likely get an off-campus place within walking distance to the school.  I did call the housing department today and they said we could also do on-campus housing with up to 4 people.  They either will randomly choose your roommates or you could pick the three others but it would be much cheaper for something off campus.  I would recommend adding yourself to the FB groups 2019 and 2020 to see what people are saying about housing.

-Phil

Thanks for the helpful info. I was thinking off campus would be cheaper, but I also like the idea of living on campus with other students. I will have to look into the price differences

Archived