Application for Fall 2016

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone! Currently preparing for my interview on 1/23.  Getting very nervous!  I saw some interview questions posted earlier in the forum but was just wondering if anyone remembered additional questions they were asked.  Also, any additional advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

Thanks everyone for all of the helpful information posted! I was accepted for Class of 2020 but still very confused on whether or not to accept, mainly considering the length of the program in comparison to others.  Has anyone heard anything about the quality of the program from current students or graduates? 

Thanks everyone for all of the helpful information posted! I was accepted for Class of 2020 but still very confused on whether or not to accept, mainly considering the length of the program in comparison to others.  Has anyone heard anything about the quality of the program from current students or graduates? 

Hi Jasmine,

Congrats on your acceptance and I am glad that all the information on here was useful to you.  As for the length of the program, it is considered to be one of the longer programs but you have the option to ask to be placed in the 2019 class. Look for the information on the DYC PA Class of 2019.  If you have any other questions feel free to reach out to me on here or FB.  As for the quality of the program, they have been around for awhile and have been graduating PAs with pretty high PANCE rates so I would agree that it is a solid program.  Many previous students and some current students that I spoke with really enjoy it and say that it gives off a family type feeling. It really just comes down to if you want to be in a PA program for almost 4 years or hopefully get moved up into the 2019 class.

-Phil

Thanks everyone for all of the helpful information posted! I was accepted for Class of 2020 but still very confused on whether or not to accept, mainly considering the length of the program in comparison to others. Has anyone heard anything about the quality of the program from current students or graduates?

I'm a current student in last year of the program. Message me for specific questions.

I would like to thank Bill, Phil, and other people for sharing information at this forum. It was really extremely helpful for me to prepare for interview last Saturday. 

I wonder that how long they will let us know the result from the interview ( 2 weeks from the interview ?) and they will email or call us to let us know the result. I really hope that I can join with you guys to study this solid PA program. 

Trevor 

I would like to thank Bill, Phil, and other people for sharing information at this forum. It was really extremely helpful for me to prepare for interview last Saturday. 

I wonder that how long they will let us know the result from the interview ( 2 weeks from the interview ?) and they will email or call us to let us know the result. I really hope that I can join with you guys to study this solid PA program. 

Trevor 

Hey Trevor, you are welcome.  I'm happy I was able to help you, as I was also helped by other posters here as well prior to my interview (particularly Phil). 

When I interviewed back in October, we were told it could take up to a month to hear back.  However, it actually took about two weeks if I recall correctly.  You should receive a letter via snail mail. 

How do you think you did?  Was there anything about the process that caught you off guard?   Have you interviewed elsewhere, and if so how did this one compare?  Just curious...feel free to share as much (or as little) as you wish :-)

Bill

Trevor 

No problem at all Trevor, I am glad that we could help you out!  How did your interview go actually?  

As for letting you know, I was informed about 3 weeks after I interviewed via a very generic email from the president of the university.  The email basically said, "Congrats on your recent acceptance...."  so I assumed I got in.  A few days later I received a letter in the mail informing me of acceptance into the PA program.  I wish you the best of luck!

-Phil

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, I also wanted to apply to D'youville as a transfer student for Fall 2017.

I got a C in organic chemistry but in the transfer student requirement section, it says I must have B- or higher in all science courses.

Will they reject me for that? This is my second time applying so I don't want to apply if they are going to reject me because of one grade.

May I ask the stats of the students who were accepted last year?

Hi, I also wanted to apply to D'youville as a transfer student for Fall 2017.

I got a C in organic chemistry but in the transfer student requirement section, it says I must have B- or higher in all science courses.

Will they reject me for that? This is my second time applying so I don't want to apply if they are going to reject me because of one grade.

May I ask the stats of the students who were accepted last year?

Hi Peachsole,

I don't think you would get rejected based solely on the basis of one C grade, it would depend on your overall GPA.  However, I'm assuming you would have to retake that class at some point and get at least a B in order to move forward. 

As for my stats, feel free to PM me if you wish, but I will say that my circumstances are unusual and probably not at all relevant to most applicants (briefly, I'm 47 and dropped out of college 25 years ago from too much partying, so my overall lifetime GPA is horrible, but my recent GPA since starting over from scratch 4 years ago is 3.9+.  Luckily for me, they pretty much disregarded my old transcript!)

Like I said, unusual circumstances that probably don't apply to anyone else here. 

Good luck!

Bill

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi!

Im thinking about applying to DYC PA program as a transfer student!

I wanted to know would it be worth a try at applying to the program

I also plan on taking upper level science course in June!

Stats I would have 3.0 cGPA

sGPA : 3.2

Over 5000 hours Patient care experience assisting in OR.

300 medical assistant hours in cardiologist office

600 hours volunteer at my local church 

250 hours volunteering at hospital 

100 Hours shadowing PA

over 100 shadow hours MD.

1 recommendation letter from a PA

2 recommendation letter from Doctors I worked with over two years

Do you think since i have low gpa I could possibly get in with my other stats such as PCE & volunteer hours& shadowing ???

Archived