With a flash of light the city below me was illuminated.

your highlighted section is important. maybe reword it, but don't remove entirely. I like the direction you are taking with this. it intrigued me from the first sentence. might remove this sentence:At its worst, trichotillomania left me with a bald spot spanning the circumference of the back of my head, and when I could no longer conceal it by putting my hair up into a ponytail.

I think we can get based on earlier stuff you mention that you were having issues with depression. no need to go into this much depth with your sx.

good luck.

Thank you very much! Yes I've been going back and forth about what to include and not include. I will probably take it out then

your highlighted section is important. maybe reword it, but don't remove entirely. I like the direction you are taking with this. it intrigued me from the first sentence. might remove this sentence:At its worst, trichotillomania left me with a bald spot spanning the circumference of the back of my head, and when I could no longer conceal it by putting my hair up into a ponytail.

I think we can get based on earlier stuff you mention that you were having issues with depression. no need to go into this much depth with your sx.

good luck.

might be interesting to include a short section about health care where you grew up.

" growing up in Lebanon, I only knew about doctors and nurses as health care providers. they seemed overworked and forced to work with limited resources. it was not until...that I learned about PAs...

I grew up mainly in the US actually. That incident happened in '06 during one of our frequent visits

I'm wondering what else I can say during the last paragraph. I feel like it needs more reflection

might be interesting to include a short section about health care where you grew up.

" growing up in Lebanon, I only knew about doctors and nurses as health care providers. they seemed overworked and forced to work with limited resources. it was not until...that I learned about PAs...

I liked it! I didnt like the paragraph where you mention you had trichotilomania. I feel like you can add a different paragraph here instead that would better fill the space. Maybe focus on why PA and not MD or nursing, and talk about a time you were the health care provider since health care experience is a main component to getting into PA school.

Thank you. I took out that paragraph after you and others's comments. 

I feel uncertain about writing a paragraph about why PA specifically versus MD or nursing. 

I was attracted to it for many reasons but I don't think any of the reasons would be reasons not to go into MD or nursing. So I shy away from talking about it because I'm not sure it will be genuine. 

I like seeing patients. I like getting thorough histories and being part of the diagnostic process. I like founding out what's wrong and helping to really treat them and be there for the treatment. I like the relationship between PA and MD. I enjoy being part of that team. 

I'm afraid of saying that and someone telling me that, that's not what being a PA is about and that I need more experience to find out what it's about 

I liked it! I didnt like the paragraph where you mention you had trichotilomania. I feel like you can add a different paragraph here instead that would better fill the space. Maybe focus on why PA and not MD or nursing, and talk about a time you were the health care provider since health care experience is a main component to getting into PA school.

I feel uncertain about writing a paragraph about why PA specifically versus MD or nursing. 

Main reason why I didn't specifically write about not pursuing MD or NP. I chose this path for its own merits and solely focused on those.

However...I'm prepared to answer when and if it comes to an interview. 

Archived