Application Cycle 2015-2016

Congrats to all who have been contacted for an interview!!! 

I'm currently considering becoming a PA and I'm worried that getting into a program would be a challenge I won't be able to get past. Do any of you mind sharing your stats? 

Hi! I interviewed in October for the PA program and was accepted. 

My overall GPA was a 3.70 and my science GPA was a 3.4. About 2500 hours PCE, 200 shadowing, 500 volunteer. My PCE includes Medical Assistant, Phlebotomist, and Clinical Research Coordinator. I scored very average on GRE I think a 305? 

Find an underserved volunteer program that you are passionate about and stick with it. I work on a street medicine team in Atlanta to serve the homeless and know that it undoubtedly played a role in my acceptance.

Good luck- positive thoughts and good will come!

Emily

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to all who have been contacted for an interview!!! 

I'm currently considering becoming a PA and I'm worried that getting into a program would be a challenge I won't be able to get past. Do any of you mind sharing your stats? 

Hello! I also interviewed in October and was accepted into this program. My academic stats were not spectacular, yet I was offered many interviews...My overall GPA was a 3.25, overall science GPA 3.43. I accrued over 8000 patient/healthcare hours over 10 years of working (veterinarian assistant, adaptive physical therapy, medical assistant, EMT, patient transport, cath lab tech, ER tech, and clinical volunteering). My GRE score was around 300-305.

Please do not get discouraged if you think your stats are not up to par. If you have second doubts or are hesitant about going into this profession there are many other positions in healthcare and medicine that are just as rewarding. You have to believe that what you have to offer to programs, the profession, and to your community will be of great value. I agree with Epresmanes that you should seek out community service opportunities and actively get involved. You will learn a lot about your surroundings and what drives you in life to serve others.

Stay motivated!

Ryan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello! Just wondering if any alternates heard back for an acceptance! I know they said mid-april, but just wanted to see if anyone got something!:) Im trying to stay as positive as possible!!

Haven't heard anything yet...the wait is killing me too! I wonder how many applicants are waitlisted...

• 3 weeks later...

I got a phone call yesterday and was accepted into the program off the waitlist, however, I was accepted into another PA program already and signed my new lease just 4 days earlier. So unfortunately, I had to decline the offer, but that means there is another spot open for someone else! Good luck everyone and keep your hopes up, they are calling people from the waitlist!

I got a phone call yesterday and was accepted into the program off the waitlist, however, I was accepted into another PA program already and signed my new lease just 4 days earlier. So unfortunately, I had to decline the offer, but that means there is another spot open for someone else! Good luck everyone and keep your hopes up, they are calling people from the waitlist!

THANKS SO MUCH for updating us on this info! :) Good luck on your 1st year of PA school!!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived