Michigan: Eastern Michigan University

Guest Jo1208

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had called on Monday (March 14th) and they told be they hoped to have it finalized by the end of the week (March 18th).  This was what they had said via email also, but that it would be finalized 2 weeks ago...

Didn't hear anything either way.  Not a yes, no, or waitlist.  Hoping to hear from EMU (whatever the verdict) for sure by end of next week...

I got an email yesterday basically confirming I am on the wait list.  I received the initial wait list email on March 21st.   The list said there are fewer than 15 people.  But unfortunately that makes a slim chance for being plucked from the list this late in the game.  

Anyone hear anything otherwise?

Good luck!

I got an email yesterday basically confirming I am on the wait list. I received the initial wait list email on March 21st. The list said there are fewer than 15 people. But unfortunately that makes a slim chance for being plucked from the list this late in the game.

Anyone hear anything otherwise?

Good luck!

Pretty much my thoughts. It seems unlikely that people who have paid the non refundable $1000 and are planning on starting in about a month would back out now. I am still waiting to hear final decisions from schools that start in the fall though, maybe if someone's first choice comes calling they'll jump ship. I know two people who got accepted personally, trying not to be too jealous or compare myself to them...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey there! I got my email verifying my app was complete July 23rd. I hope they stick to their timeline this round :)

I submitted my application on August 30th. It was verified by CASPA on Sept 2nd. The only email I have received was from CASPA, which just let me know my application has been verified and the information will be made available to the program within the next 4 weeks. 

The email you received was it from CASPA or from EMU? Also, are the emails being sent to the email you listed in the CASPA site? 

I submitted my application on August 30th. It was verified by CASPA on Sept 2nd. The only email I have received was from CASPA, which just let me know my application has been verified and the information will be made available to the program within the next 4 weeks. 

The email you received was it from CASPA or from EMU? Also, are the emails being sent to the email you listed in the CASPA site?

You will get an email from emu when they receive your application and then another email when you meet the minimum requirements. This is either through your caspa email or your grad school email, I don't know since I made them both the same.

You will get an email from emu when they receive your application and then another email when you meet the minimum requirements. This is either through your caspa email or your grad school email, I don't know since I made them both the same.

When you submitted the EMU application did you include your transcripts & letters of rec with it as well? Although my CASPA app. is complete and verified my EMU app show up as "submit" but "incomplete" due to the transcripts. I am a little concerned about that, I was told not to include my transcripts or letters with the EMU apps though. Just curious what your experience with this is. Sidenote: I have contacted the program about it but I have not heard back from them yet. 

When you submitted the EMU application did you include your transcripts & letters of rec with it as well? Although my CASPA app. is complete and verified my EMU app show up as "submit" but "incomplete" due to the transcripts. I am a little concerned about that, I was told not to include my transcripts or letters with the EMU apps though. Just curious what your experience with this is. Sidenote: I have contacted the program about it but I have not heard back from them yet. 

Current EMU student here. If it's the same as the last application cycle you have your school send the official transcript(s) to CASPA. You don't send anything to EMU. It took several weeks for the process to be completed once the application and transcripts were submitted to CASPA. I think it was recommended to submit everything within four weeks of the school's application deadline to allow for ample processing time. EMU needed the application by September first if I recall. I know someone who waited until the last minute and his application didn't get there on time.

Current EMU student here. If it's the same as the last application cycle you have your school send the official transcript(s) to CASPA. You don't send anything to EMU. It took several weeks for the process to be completed once the application and transcripts were submitted to CASPA. I think it was recommended to submit everything within four weeks of the school's application deadline to allow for ample processing time. EMU needed the application by September first if I recall. I know someone who waited until the last minute and his application didn't get there on time.

Thank you for the feedback. 

Archived