EHR help!!!

I am helping a Doctor friend who is thinking of opening his own practice, find a reliable, easy to use, and STABLE EHR system. It must be able to interface with Quest diagnostics, labcorp etc., handle electronic prescriptions, and show a graph of pt's progress like A1c's or T-cell counts or whatever lab value over a period of time and have a function where we get reminders of HCM info like vaccines, required tests and their schedules. I have used NextGen, IMS, EPIC, Medical Manager and have found EPIC and NextGen to be quite good, but very pricey! Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

Joe

I am helping a Doctor friend who is thinking of opening his own practice, find a reliable, easy to use, and STABLE EHR system. It must be able to interface with Quest diagnostics, labcorp etc., handle electronic prescriptions, and show a graph of pt's progress like A1c's or T-cell counts or whatever lab value over a period of time and have a function where we get reminders of HCM info like vaccines, required tests and their schedules. I have used NextGen, IMS, EPIC, Medical Manager and have found EPIC and NextGen to be quite good, but very pricey! Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

Joe

I can only say that I went through this several months ago. I spent many hours in demos of the various vendors. I was going to use Allscripts Myway. However, when the bank started giving me trouble (couldn't understand how a PA-Owned clinic could possibly succeed) I backed down my budget. To cost cut, I'm going with PracticeFusion + Kareo (billing) software. The combo will cost my practice about $250/month. I have a NP friend who started her own urgent care. She is using the same and loves it. I may change in the future if I don't like it as the data should be transferable.

I can only say that I went through this several months ago. I spent many hours in demos of the various vendors. I was going to use Allscripts Myway. However, when the bank started giving me trouble (couldn't understand how a PA-Owned clinic could possibly succeed) I backed down my budget. To cost cut, I'm going with PracticeFusion + Kareo (billing) software. The combo will cost my practice about $250/month. I have a NP friend who started her own urgent care. She is using the same and loves it. I may change in the future if I don't like it as the data should be transferable.

I looked at Allscripts and it looks pretty intuitive and it has the graph we are looking for but yeah, the price! I will look into PracticeFusion as I have never heard/seen it before.

Thanks for your input jmj!!! I have been reading your posts and your troubles. I hope and pray you succeed.

Joe

jmj,

Just perused the practice fusion site. its appealing since it is FREE or at least cheap for the ad free version and it is web based. I am wondering though is it stable. I mean it would suck if their site went down in the middle of the day. What have you experienced or heard from your friend about this?

jmj,

Just perused the practice fusion site. its appealing since it is FREE or at least cheap for the ad free version and it is web based. I am wondering though is it stable. I mean it would suck if their site went down in the middle of the day. What have you experienced or heard from your friend about this?

My friend has used it for about three years and she said it has never gone down. However, I was a little concerned about Internet access going down on my end. I looked into getting a designated T line but that was going to be $700/month. So, I have regular Comcast business cable. The other tenants in my building says that the connection has never gone down. So, we are taking our chances.

I just ran through the tour of practice fusion and it is pretty slick! It looks very intuitive and has EVERYTHING we need. I wonder how annoying the ads are for the free version...As far as the stability I think with a good WIFI and ISP you will be golden with this system. How much was the Allscripts? I am getting a quote but I'm kinda finding it hard to compare to practice fusion's (at least how it appears) ease and of course price. thanks again for the heads up jmj!

I just ran through the tour of practice fusion and it is pretty slick! It looks very intuitive and has EVERYTHING we need. I wonder how annoying the ads are for the free version...As far as the stability I think with a good WIFI and ISP you will be golden with this system. How much was the Allscripts? I am getting a quote but I'm kinda finding it hard to compare to practice fusion's (at least how it appears) ease and of course price. thanks again for the heads up jmj!

You can have the ads removed for $100/month. One problem that I just ran into, and they are fixing, is that the ads, which should be at the bottom of the page, were appearing right in the middle of my work space and would not go away. But that just happened yesterday and I think they've fixed it.

going live with GE Centricity this week for practice management then through summer for all the providers

I had looked at everything and likes allscripts the best through...

(I am just an employee right now but thinking of own clinic...)

I sent the doc the site and he is equally impressed. I like that if you can use this forum, you essentially have the know-how to

navigate the system. I signed up and so far color me impressed. We might go with the free version since it is easy to use and hell it's F R E E!!! I am getting excited. If all goes well, this might be a practice i can build and grow in, not to mention partner potential....

For those using Practice Fusion, are you able to plot your patients lab results?

Joe

In reply to not having back up internet if the cable goes out------

why not get a back up 1/2 speed DSL - usaually runs about $20/month - would work in a pinch... Many phone companies are now doing 'dry loop' which is just DSL service. Check out verizon on line

In reply to not having back up internet if the cable goes out------

why not get a back up 1/2 speed DSL - usaually runs about $20/month - would work in a pinch... Many phone companies are now doing 'dry loop' which is just DSL service. Check out verizon on line

true or just tether my laptop to my phone and use 3g...4g when i upgrade :))

Archived