I am currently a Junior in college and planning to apply for PA this coming cycle for starting mid April 2015. As far as letters of recommendation, most of the schools I am looking at require 3. I have 2 set already, the PA I shadow and my house advisor that knows me well. For the professor perspective, I am stuck on what to do. I am not really close with any of my professors. I have had a professor in the past write me a letter of recommendation for studying abroad even when she really didn't know me. There is a chance I will TA for her in the fall but I am not positive yet and I only had her for one semester last year. I have another professor from last semester and last spring that would probably recognize my name because I had testing accommodations and she would come check on those few students in the other room during exams but she doesn't know me personally. I am done with all my prereqs except microbio and I am taking that this summer at my community college. Any advice for me? Get to know the micro bio professor this summer and ask after my class? or ask a professor from the past or from this semester? Also, my GPA has never gone down, my grades continually to improve each semester?

See the other string about this. I feel that whoever can write the best letter about you is the one to ask. It is hard to expect that you can cultivate an LOR in a few hours or a few weeks. Whatever they write can't show much insight.

It's hard to believe that in 3 years you haven't gotten to know any of your profs well enough to get a letter that speaks to your academic performance.

Archived