PA Job Without a Masters???

Hello!

I have a question requiring job requirements these days. I am a current PA-S, but do not have my bachelor's degree. My program awards a certificate only, and an optional MMS degree online (contingent if you already have a BS). 

My plan is to: 

1. Graduate
  2. Complete an online BA/BS degree (most likely lasting no more than a year), while working PT or FT
  3. Complete the online MMS degree, while working PT or FT

I was just wondering if it is uncommon for employers to hire a PA (certified, but without a BS or Master's) nowadays. I am not picky where I will work, so hopefully they can use me since I will be competent to practice at that point. 

Has anyone had a similar experience or input on this???

Thank you for your feedback! :)

Are you getting an AS From your program? If so do the ATSU Bachelors equivalency option after graduation and get a MS without a BS. Skip the Bachelors.

Hey Joelseff, 

Thanks for the info!! I had never heard of that program. And yes, I do get an AS and certificate from my program. I will definitely look into this!

Do you know if this is the only program that offers PAs without bachelor's a master's degree, or are there others as well?

Archived