CASPA and Interfolio

Anyone here used Interfolio for their LOR's?  Found this on the CASPA website" CASPA can accept your reference letters from Interfolio. HOWEVER, each of these letters MUST be accompanied by the CASPA Reference Request Form, which is signed and filled out by both the applicant and the reference who writes the letter. Without this form, your PA programs will consider your letters to be invalid."

If anyone here used interfolio for LOR's, were you able to upload the request for digitally to accompany the letter or did you have to send it in seperately?

My name is Danielle and I manage CASPA for the Physician Assistant Education Association. I do not have experience with applicants using Interfolio to submit their letters through CASPA, as I don't directly verify applications, so you may want to contact customer service to see if they can offer more insight, as they are the ones doing direct application verifications. 

The letter of reference process will be much easier when the 2016 application cycle opens (April 22, 2015) - all letters can be uploaded, instead of typed in by the recommender. I would recommend asking your references to write letters and save them, which can then be uploaded later. The process is self-explanatory once you complete the application. 

Thanks,

Danielle

Hi OP; I'm not sure where you found that info, but that is way out of date. CASPA hasn't accepted Interfolio since they stopped taking paper references several years ago - those reference request forms don't even exist. This is the link to the current CASPA instructions on letters and it clearly states they do NOT accept Interfolio: https://portal.caspaonline.org/caspaHelpPages/frequently-asked-questions/transcripts/letters-of-reference/index.html

Q: Can I send letters of reference which are on file at Interfolio or a career center?

A: NO. All letters of reference must be completed via the CASPA reference website.

Hi OP; I'm not sure where you found that info, but that is way out of date. CASPA hasn't accepted Interfolio since they stopped taking paper references several years ago - those reference request forms don't even exist. This is the link to the current CASPA instructions on letters and it clearly states they do NOT accept Interfolio: https://portal.caspaonline.org/caspaHelpPages/frequently-asked-questions/transcripts/letters-of-reference/index.html

Q: Can I send letters of reference which are on file at Interfolio or a career center?

A: NO. All letters of reference must be completed via the CASPA reference website.

OK cool, thank you

Archived