MCPHS - Worcester 2016 Accepted

That is very helpful information, thank you! Could you also give me some sense of how much free time, if any, you have had during the first year? I'm used to juggling work, school and kids, but know that the amount of studying in this program will be vastly different. Finally, can you give me a sense of the class schedule (ie hours per day) in general? We have yet to receive that information from the school, and I have to think about scheduling my kids' activities, etc. Sorry to bombard you with questions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

M0214 answered most about the clinicals. There are locations in Vermont, Maine and New Hampshire as well, it's all up to the lottery as what you get. During the first year we were in class from 8-5 most days. Tuesday's and Friday's were lab days so they were usually a little shorter. There was free time depending on the test schedule. I still was able to go to the gym most days and again depending on the test schedule was still able to go out with classmates on a Friday or Saturday night and have some fun. It also depends on your own ways of studying. I know some classmates that studied 24/7 but I personally would go crazy if I did that, so I always took time for my mental health too. my lunch break was a break and not study time and I always took time after class to relax before studying at night. Hope that helps!

Depends on the week and what else is going on. Every day is scheduled from 8-5, either as classes or reserved time. Reserved time is not your time. It's the school's time to use as they see fit. So plan on 8-5 every day, if the reserved time is not going to be used, you will usually know a few days in advance but I know we had a class rescheduled with under 24h notice in reserved time and were expected to be there, so plan accordingly. I don't have much free time because I also still work on a consulting basis (DO NOT WORK DURING SCHOOL). I do it because I work for my father so he's flexible with when I work.

Hi everyone! My name is Javin - I know I am late to the party but I was accepted in the Spring as well and just wanted to jump on here and say hello!  I don't have a Facebook (yes, I'm one of those weirdos) so I thought I'd reach out here and see what people are chatting about.  I can't wait to start!

I do have a few questions if anyone could answer:

1. Is $5,000-$7,000 extra really enough to cover living expenses for close to a year during clinicals?  I know they use the word "extra" here, but that seems like a lot to add onto what would already be high living expenses.  So, are they recommending only $5,000-$7,000, because that seems like too little.

2.  Does anyone know when the site usually goes up for the incoming class?

3.  Is there any advice on how to get a head start on anything prior to beginning in January?  If so, when would you recommend beginning said activities?

Thanks for the help!

If anyone wants to reach out to me, feel free - my email address is jhbrit11@g.holycross.edu.  I'm excited to begin and look forward to getting to know everyone! 

-Javin

P.S.  My family lives in Worcester now (originally Whitinsville), so I'm close!

1. The extra money depends on your situation like whether you love on campus or not and have rent and other bills and such to pay. So it's hard to say if that's enough

2. If by the site you mean the Facebook page I think it went up in December or maybe late November. I don't really remember sorry!

3. I didn't really do anything to prepare beforehand. The first year is very intense and you will learn more than you can imagine. So I would just relax and enjoy your time while you can lol

Hope this helps! Feel free ask any other questions or message me

• 1 month later...

Yeah, we have an exam on January 11th during the exam block. They just gave us the name of the book we need to study from and that we need to get an 80% or better. What did you learn in your online modules, because this book goes in great depth that includes different drugs and treatments. It would really help out if you had any information on what I should focus on since I think it should be the same as your online modules. 

• 2 months later...

Archived