sending transcripts before caspa opens again

Okay heres the deal - I signed up for CASPA in the 2010-2011 cycle and was going to apply to schools that didnt have requirements for HCE because, at the time, I had zero. I was a college athlete for all four years and never had a free second to become a CNA/EMT to get hours. I got my CNA certification and have been working since. I've got about 500 hours and counting so far. My question is - I never sent my application out to schools because I didnt feel like I even stood a chance; just because the schools dont REQUIRE HCE doesnt mean that the people that apply dont have any hours. I decided to apply to schools this cycle and wanted to get my application in ASAP. However, in order to send your transcripts in to CASPA you need to know your ID. If I never paid for CASPA last year and have an ID, will it change? I wanted my apps out that first week in April but if I have to wait for the transcripts to go once I get a new ID, ill be waiting until the 2nd or 3rd week CASPA is open. Does anyone know how this works? Thanks!!

Well they have this posted on the front page:

Please do not send any documents required for your 2012 application (such as references or updated transcripts) until AFTER April 13, 2011.

The id stays the same which is why they ask people not to create multiple accounts BUT I wouldnt send transcripts now so that there are there and waiting when the cycle opens.....you will run the risk of them throwing them out.

I would request them about a week before the cycle opens. Usually takes the schools a couple of days to get them out.

Right now I would get letter writiers lined up as well as revise, revise and revise again the personal statement you plan to use.

Also if im not mistaken....they dont send out the first wave of applications till May or June so...at least thats what was posted on the boards recently so even if you had everything completed the day of the 13th...its not going anywhere that week

So even though I never paid to have my application accepted they'll keep my ID? I was planning on sending them around the 7th so that they received them around the time they opend up again. But Im confused, even if I send my application in to CASPA April 15th or April 30th, regardless CASPA wont send my application out until May?

That may be June of the following year so I would check with them. Many have their deadlines posted but they are for 2012 like Nova is usually around jan 15 but that will be jan 15 2012 to enter in june 2012

so fall deadlines will be for 2011 (august, sept, nov, dec) and months after that will be for 2012

Yeah the schools with the Jan start dates confuse me....it seems as though you should have applied last cycle to definitely meet their application deadline. I would call CASPA Monday to ask them when the first applications go out for the 2011-2012 cycle. I would also check with the program

Guest guthriesm

If you get your stuff in, it takes very little time to turn around the application. All of my stuff (including LORs, transcripts, etc) was completed by mid May so I was able to have my application arrive by early June with no trouble. I also asked my LORs in March so that when the electronic request was available, most of them had their letters ready to copy and paste.

If you are worried (and sure you wish to apply to the school with the June deadline) check with the school- I'm sure they are used to hearing questions about this problem. Some are ok with the deadline as long as your PS, etc is done (and submitted) even if transcripts and LORs are pending.

Archived