2011 APPILCIANTS "Please post when you get invited for the test"

Hi, did you get your invitation to the interview yet? I wanted to ask you for an advise how can I meet with current students. If you remember I live in Naples, so I have to drive to the campus one day. I wanted to prepare better for the interview, any tips since you already went though this once?! Thanks for all your help.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi, did you get your invitation to the interview yet? I wanted to ask you for an advise how can I meet with current students. If you remember I live in Naples, so I have to drive to the campus one day. I wanted to prepare better for the interview, any tips since you already went though this once?! Thanks for all your help.

Hello Ray, yes I recieved my interview invited back in April. It went really well I thought. Everyone in the room was extremely nice. As far as meeting with current students, I would contact Jackie. A couple pointers: Know the history of the profession, 3 mission statements listed on the mdc pa website, weaknesses, strengths and over all be completely honest with all your answers. Its about 15-20 mins long. God bless and take care

Hi! I'm Vivianne and I will be taking the test May 13th. I'm extremely nervous i've been studying like crazy the book and their questions. Is it true that the questions on the test are questions from the book? Any pointers on what to study other than the book?

Really? So now people who've tested are going to be posting information about the test to help those who haven't yet? I thought this was somewhat of a competition. I hope everyone understands we are all competing for a limited number of spots, it goes without saying information about the test shouldn't be posted in the public forum. At least send a private message if you really want to help someone out, there is no need to post all this over here. Don't you guys agree?

As per interview, every individual will be different, best approach is to try and relax and be yourself. You wouldnt be called in if there wasnt some part of you that was exceptional enough to stand out and be called in, preparing for a list of hypothetical questions may help with rehearsals, but honestly theyve already gotten a snapshot of what you know from your test scores and resume, the interview is to find out about you. As per posting information on tests on this site all I can say is be warry of information posted on it; because as Ivan said it is a competitive program, a lot of false information may be posted. Simply put, follow the instructions given to you by Jackie, study the book, however as she said, not all questions come directly from it, but its more a guideline for what material to study; if your familiar with it you will be fine, if you pick it up a week before the test with no prior preparation then you only have to look in the mirror for asking why it may seem overwealming. Ive tested and interviewed, and I can say all of these questions about how to prepare and what to expect for the test is just time wasted you could spend relaxing or focusing on studying; look through the hundreds of posts in various discussion topics and youll see its been beaten like a dead horse. Follow directions given by Jackie, ask a MDC official a question if you want an official answer,

Best of Luck,

Christian

Yes Ivan, I agree with both you and Chris.

If you have done your due diligence there is no need to ask any questions.

First time test takers ( who have not applied previously) went into the exam with no information other than what they were told by the program faculty.

If you were at the test on march 31st the first thing the director of the program said to us all was "CHEATING IN UNACCEPTABLE" especially if you are going into a field that deals with HUMAN LIFE.

As Christian said dont waste your time worrying....

if you are prepared you will do fine!

just my opinion

I thought that this forum was meant for people who are in the same process to connect and support each other, but I see that many people use it to cheat the system. Asking what they asked in the interview and what was on the test is unprofessional and is basically cheating. The first set of students who tested and interviewed did not know what was going to be on the test or what was going to be asked during the interview. I hope everybody understands that if you give up this information and post it on a public forum than you are diminishing your chances of getting into the program. There is still another group that has yet to test and maybe 50 more people that will interview, there are 50 seats available and if the last group are better prepared because they have more inside information than the first and second group; than what do you think will happen? Just saying, watch what you post. It could very well come back and bite you.

I am completely taken back and appalled at the way that those of you express your opinions on what other applicants ask. It is more than obvious that certain information should not be disclosed that can impede you as an individual to progress and succeed during this process. I keep on reading how many of you are saying this is a competition and private messaging people and bad mouthing them because basic information was posted or asked. In reality your not competing against one another because the committee will decide if you are a suitable candidate for this program, so you can save your competitive nature for the PA nationals once you are accepted to the program.

Certain things people should not ask (questions from the test) if you need to ask then you should question your place in this process and career choice, and there is no reason for one to be disrespectful to others. Also those second and third year applicants who are reacting as if it is so offensive to ask minimal questions that will in no way shape or form affect you directly in this process, it is just disgusting. My apologies for being so honest, but I sure hope that your lack of morale and character is due to the fact that you were not first pick (if u didn't drop out of the process, like others have for personal reasons) and there for feel the need to react the way you have. I choose to believe that this process has completely consumed you and overwhelmed you so much, that you have forgotten the foundations you need as an individual to be a Physician Assistant or MD because I believe the good surpasses the bad.

Again my apologies for being brutally honest, best of luck to all of you and as for me I know exactly why I have gotten this far and luck is maybe just 5% of it.

"Juicy Jo," first of all I haven't seen anyone bad mouthing anybody on this forum except for yourself. If this process is not a competition, then what is it? This selection process is a contest between many individuals which is the definition of a competition. As long as there is three different groups taking the same test at different times, those in the first groups should not be posting information about the test until everyone has tested.

I really don't know who you are referring to as "those second and third year applicants who are reacting as if it is so offensive to ask minimal questions" because it is my first year applying, but I know you find them "disgusting." What I find more disgusting is that you chose to make personal attacks at people on an internet forum when no one called you out on anything. You can choose to believe that this process consumed us, but by the tone of your last sentence I think you need to be a little more humble because you haven't been accepted to the program yet either.

Finally, why don't you give yourself a pat on the back for working so hard on achieving your goal, so have most of us. If we all worked this hard, then there is no need to ask questions about the test on a public internet forum.

Good luck, Ivan.

I just spent almost an hour typing a huge post and when I clicked post an error occurred. I guess it is for the best, there was no point in explaining myself if you were aware of my previous posts. Also if my last post was read word by word then there shouldn't be any reason as to why anyone would misconstrue my statement.

Due to my experience on this forum since I registered in January, I shared certain information that many of the new comers would not be aware of or any one that was not part of my negative experience (there was no point in sharing what happened with others since it had no importance to me). Based on what happened, my intentions were never to step over any one or cross the lines of what many consider a competition. Whatever the case is I see this process differently (I know other applicants and graduates who agree with me) and just like every one else in this forum I posted my opinion and beliefs. I returned to the forum (after not logging in since early this year) after testing to reconnect with others that are and or were subscribed, it was naive of me specially at the age that I am at to believe it would be different. My sincerest apologies if any one felt offended or attacked, as to my "disgusting" statement it is expressing an action not a person as it states above. I used disgusting, because if you (applicants in general) are in this process you are aware of what is asked from you and what are the most important qualities a candidate should have that is choosing this career path according to PA specific websites, PA programs, and most significant of all Miami Dade College.

As to me being humble, you in specifically Ivan should not place judgment, you do not know me, you obviously never read any of my previous posts, and it is very obvious that you did not read the last posts word by word.

Also I didn't question other peoples goals, honestly I could care less if I were to base my opinion solely on what people post on here. I would only hope that we all have the same or if not similar goals as to why we are on this forum.

If you work hard to achieve anything in life and acquire it, luck has a minimal impact on it. I'm a realist, it's plain and simple.

Juicy Jo, let me first respond to your comment about not placing judgment. It wasn't me but you who came here spewing your judgmental prejudices against applicants who've applied more than once.

Also those second and third year applicants who are reacting as if it is so offensive to ask minimal questions that will in no way shape or form affect you directly in this process, it is just disgusting. My apologies for being so honest, but I sure hope that your lack of morale and character is due to the fact that you were not first pick (if u didn't drop out of the process, like others have for personal reasons) and there for feel the need to react the way you have. I choose to believe that this process has completely consumed you and overwhelmed you so much, that you have forgotten the foundations you need as an individual to be a Physician Assistant or MD because I believe the good surpasses the bad.

Now, again you start proclaiming how you are a realist. And what are we? Do you think we live in the clouds? Please humble yourself.

Your arguments never made any sense, the sole reason you came here is to proclaim how much more fit you are to be a PA than everyone else. I love how you made these assumptions without knowing anyone who posted. And again you describe those who's actions have made you so disgusted as being unfit to become PAs or even unqualified for the MDC program. I think that's for the committee to decide not you.

I am not going to debate you any longer until you start making sense and stop boasting about yourself. Its also very hard to take someone seriously with a name like Juicy Jo.

Ivan.

Archived