2011 APPILCIANTS "Please post when you get invited for the test"

Just spoke to Jackie this morning. She informed me that the two remaining groups will test on Apr. 15th and May 13th. She also stated that we are being called for the test in reverse alphabetical order. My last name starts with a B so I guess that makes sense. However, I would appreciate it if someone who already tested confirms that their last names starts with a letter at the end of the alphabet.

Thanks, Ivan.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, know I'm even more confused. But when I spoke to Jackie, I asked her to confirm that everyone who scored over mid-30s on the application will get to test. She said that is still what's happening, from what I understand they are not going to be picking and choosing who gets to test as long as you scored over, I believe, 35.

Hmm. I originally asked Jackie if the delay had to do with me turning in my application a few days before deadline, she said no and specifically stated that people were being called in for the test starting from Z through A. Maybe there is some kind of miscommunication going on in the department. I don't really know what to think but hopefully we all get to test sooner or later.

Oh my god...... well there goes my glimmer of hope. But why would Jackie state such erroneous information? When people on this form with alphabetical names in the beginning were called for testing on March 31st. There is a lot of inconsistencies and misinformation going on. Can someone speak to Jimmy Santana or Jacquelyn to verify the Alphabetical order paradox.

By the way those of you who tested how did you find the exam. I know this a long shot because a lot of us in this program are very competitive but those who might want to share what the essay topic was about it please PM or publically state it. We all know that what really matters in the test score and then all that matters is the interview.

I think that it is unfair to ask any questions about the exam or essay. It has to be fair for everybody, remember this is a competion. Those of us who already tested on the 31st did not know what was on the exam or the essay. I don't think it's fair that you should have the upper hand with inside information. Just study the book and you'll do fine.

I concur with Omar. All in all, I believe it will all come out in the wash, if you havnt been studying the material for more than two weeks, your not going to get learn it over night. Those that have been preparing for the entrance exam began the day they bought the review book after submission of application (if not sooner). By now its pretty much you know it or you dont. As per essay, it will constitute a portion of your score, but from what I gather, is in place more to test your english writing competancy (as PA's will regularly need to communicate via writing) rather than testing actual subject material. Good luck to those who tested, and those still yet to test!

Listen i would have loved to take that test on the 31st... I know that damn book look the back of my hand. Give me the opportunity to take the test and im positive i will score 90% or above. For three months straight i did nothing but study i even took days off work just to spend 16 hours studying. There is no one at a disadvantage just those who did not prepare. When i spoke to one of the faculty members back in January they had said testing was in mid march. But everything changes and now the wait is painful. I’m sure the board has no such consideration being that those who tested on the 31st had the advantage of being first and having gotten it over with unlike the rest of us who don’t even know any more if we will even be picked.. “Its helplessness and uncertainty that plays on my thoughts”. The thought of studying nonstop for another month and to not even be considered to take that simple test.

And why where certain person chosen first that is my biggest questions? There has to be an order to all of this.

Archived