Best Ways to Prep for MMI or Multiple Mini Interviews format

Ok. Went to MMI. It was great. Now I want to send thank you cards to the faculty who interviewed me. That's 7 people. Is it weird to send a card to each person (all same address obviously)?

Compose (and personalize) thank-you letters to each person you met. Each thank-you letter you write does not need to be completely different -- you can develop a few paragraphs that may be basically the same in each letter -- but you should always try and personalize elements of each letter, typically to something specific from your meeting (such as a shared interest or acquaintance or a key skill mentioned). Make certain each person's name, spelling, and title is correct before sending. (In the future collecting business cards during the interview is helpful as you can always call the school and ask for assistance in getting everyone correct.)

Ok. Went to MMI. It was great. Now I want to send thank you cards to the faculty who interviewed me. That's 7 people. Is it weird to send a card to each person (all same address obviously)?

I emailed my thank yous a couple of hours after the interview, but cards are more personal. 7 is a bit much, maybe send one card to the director and list the faculty you want to thank for considering your application.

• 2 months later...

I sent individual cards. They all arrived the same day. I eventually spoke with the admissions director, and she sort of joked that "yes, it was clear my cards had arrived." I'd send them to the decision makers. I was accepted at a school I didn't send any thank yous to and rejected from the school I carpet bombed. Do what feels right. Ultimately it's a professional courtesy and not something that makes or breaks your application.

I interviewed and was accepted to two schools that used the MMI format and did not send thank you letters to either school. Not saying I think it's a good or bad idea but just throwing it out there that it didn't affect my acceptances. That being said if I were to have sent one I would have only done so to the admissions director. 7-10 letters seems excessive.

I had an MMI interview and was accepted.  I did not send thank you cards because in the introduction that day, they explicitly said not to.  "Can you follow directions?  We shall see... as someone will send a thank you card, even though I have told you not to."  I wanted to be sure I was NOT "that guy". 

Archived