Post-Baccalaureate Programs for Insufficient Class Requirements

I am currently a senior Psychology student who would like to get HCE at a local hospital and see if I would like to go the medical/PA route.  I was wondering if anyone knew of any post-bacc programs (post-graduation) that can help people with insufficient classes to prepare for a PA school application?  I graduate in 1 year and don't have enough time to complete the prerequisites.  Thank you!

I would suggest you either stay at your current college or find a different yet affordable college (including community college or state school) to finish the pre-reqs. What have you currently done? There are many of us on this board who obtained a BA/BS in a non-science field and spent about 2 years doing pre-reqs at a community college or state college in order to finish the pre-reqs without adding huge amounts of debt.

^^^Yup, I have an non-science BA. It took 2 years to get all the pre-reqs, plus some extra upper level sciences.

I did a health science post bacc at a state school. Community college courses will be the cheapest route, but I wanted what the University had to offer in terms of facilities and courses. Post baccs are more structured, and at the end you do get a little piece of paper. :)

Well it depends where you are and if you want to stay there or would be willing to move? Here in St. louis , Washington university has a great reputation and a lot of people actually move just to take the post bac pre med program... And the medical school does a great job getting jobs for students to get HCE

You can delay or postpone your graduation date. I was set to graduate May 2015 but have postponed it to May 2016 so I can complete the prerequisites and fix my GPA. It's a lot cheaper to do so than graduating and forced to take post-bacc classes (at a 4 year institute). 

If you don't want to wait, you can graduate and take the prereqs at a community college.

Archived