Too much wrong with this article

http://pacificmds.com/does-you-need-an-assistant-physician-for-your-practice/

1. "Does you need"???

2. "I wouldn't dream of medical school," Flora Traub, a student with Boston University's physician assistant training program, explained to the Times. "Seven years of training and residency? I don't want that much time away from my kids." Traub also noted that "doctors just seem to be running all the time, all day long."

Why do we still have PAs (or students) saying idiotic things like this? Here's a reality check- you too, as a PA, will be running all day long.

3. Of course the multiple confusions between PA and "AP"

2. "I wouldn't dream of medical school," Flora Traub, a student with Boston University's physician assistant training program, explained to the Times. "Seven years of training and residency? I don't want that much time away from my kids." Traub also noted that "doctors just seem to be running all the time, all day long."

Why do we still have PAs (or students) saying idiotic things like this? Here's a reality check- you too, as a PA, will be running all day long.

Amen.  http://www.physicianassistantforum.com/index.php?/topic/14022-new-york-times-article-the-physician-assistant-will-see-you/

PAs had been in the news lately. This is great! This could be as a result of the assistant physician (AP) that was just passed in missouri or maybe not. Either way; all this articles that has been popping up lately about the profession are to be use to our advantages. We should provide correction where needed or comment at the comment session of these article. I saw that current AAPA president took the time and commented on one of the NY times publication. I truly applaud his effort. The profession need more of this from the AAPA. We all need to be out there defending the profession and providing more public awareness about the profession.

Someone from BU faculty should have come on as an academic and provided expert commentary on the future of the PA Profession. Discussed data on how we provide just as effective healthcare as a physician in many instances and how we move fwd with residency training etc. Poor form. 

Also those same 1000 people that applied to BU applied to 40 other PA schools. Since it is so easy to apply to multiple places. The pool is NOT as selective as you think. It will become less selective as PA schools open up as aggressive as Chipotle or Starbucks in the next 5 years. 

Apparently my comment made an impact on them and they changed the title of the article and  dropped all references to assistant physicians.  

Archived