EM PA program

• 3 weeks later...

Are there any Masters PA programs specifically geared to EM? A coworker is interested in EM, has some EMS experience and is applying for programs.

I thought I remember reading a thread about this but can't find it.

Wouldnt have an PA program directed solely at EM, ARC-PA standards would not be met likely since education and clinical instruction has to occur in other settings beside the ED.

Several things in place though.

If graduated from a nonmasters granting program, could get a bridge masters with focus in EM, several organizations that do this.

There is the ACEP/SEMPA Advanced Practice Academy which is a series of conferences aimed at the soon to be or wanna be EM PA and others. It is a 3 part series, the first a lecture format, 2nd and 3rd workshop type activities concerning procedures and simulations. Your friend would have to be a grad PA to attend this.

In the same vein, there is the EM BootCamp conference, a 3 day affair covering similar topics as the APA, no workshops.

There are EM Residencies in place for PAs, about 12 or so, take one to 4 students at a time. So limited slots, prolly quite a bit of competition for admission.

As for the barista thing, I think its time has passed. I would go with running a taco truck. Add beer or sangria and everyone is happy, unlike all the grumps waiting in line for a cappuccino.

G Brothers PA-C

There are EM Residencies in place for PAs, about 12 or so, take one to 4 students at a time. So limited slots, prolly quite a bit of competition for admission.

there are now 21 em pa residencies.see the link in the stickys at the top of the em forum here

Archived