OHSU 2014 Interviews

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats on everyone who has been accepted so far!

I have an interview this Friday, Nov. 7th! I just met with a first year OHSU PA student who informed me that they aren't doing the essay anymore during the interview. Is this true?

That's right! No essay at the OHSU interview.

Hi everyone!  Is anyone else interviewing on Nov. 7th?  Would you like to meet up for coffee or something the night before?  It would be great to meet with a couple current students also, but I don't think there are any of them on this part of the forum?  I'm also following some other school boards and they say meeting up with other applicants the night before calms the nerves and gives you "someone you know" the next day at the interview.  I suppose I should have posted this several days ago, but maybe it will work out?

April~~

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck with your interview on the 21st!  I interviewed on the 7th, and they said they would likely be making selections the week of the 24th.  You may not have to wait long to find out whether you get in or not!  (And that is a really good thing because this wait is KILLING me!)

April~~

Thank you April! Oh my gosh... I know the wait is killer, but getting to know THAT SOON may potentially be just as nerve-racking. Best of lucks to you too!

Interviewed on 11/07, got the same email yesterday that I was placed on the alternate list. I'm super stoked though OHSU is easily my number one choice!! Fingers crossed!

BBecker, judging by that email we got it sounds like it's not likely they will fill all the seats during the interviews. I think they will leave some open at the end and reevaluate applicants on the alternate list and fill up the rest of the class that way.. but that's just my theory!!

Congrats to all who got the phone call from Ted and good luck to those on the alternate list!

Ok, now I'm feeling REALLY nervous because things seem to be happening from our interview session!  Congrats on getting on the alternate list you two!  I also interviewed on the 7th, but I haven't heard anything.  Have you guys heard whether they have accepted anyone from the November interviews at this point?  (Or rejected for that matter?)  I do know they have an interview coming up this Friday also.

Alicia, have you heard anything?

April~~  (Ok, back to studying for my O chem test....lol.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Averil! It's Katie again :) Colleen told me that the last interview date was Jan 29 and after that, the class would be finalized. Everyone should hear by Feb 6 at the latest she said (I'm on the alternate list and the alternates and everyone that interviewed in Jan is supposed to hear by Feb 6).

Thanks again. So good to at least know by when-ish we'll hear. Being in limbo kills me, I don't know how people have been on their wait list since November... But hopefully we'll both get in to one of them!!!! Do you mind me asking where your preference would be?

Archived