OHSU 2014 Interviews

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else gotten an interview invite since the end of August?  I'm wondering if they are waiting for this first group to interview before filling later sessions?  I didn't get my "everything complete" notification until August 11th, and I haven't seen anyone with that late of a submission get an interview invite so far.  Ahhhh, the waiting is nerve wracking!  :)

Their curriculum is in the midst of a major transition.  In the past, PA students took several classes with med students at the school of medicine (i.e. anatomy and physiology).  According to the admission dept, they're planning a curriculum overhaul and move towards more problem based and team-based learned models.  (The MD school is also making a similar transition and is also shrinking their didactic phase from 24 months down to 18 months...PA is following suit.)  It sounds like it will be a few years before that shift away from straight lecture is complete, but the current PA students are already taking fewer classes with the med students this year.  Some mention was also made of shifting toward a "systems based model," but that too is a work in progress.  Sound like positive changes that will mean an even more excellent program in just a few years' time.  

Archived