OHSU 2014 Interviews

Congratulations rainyday and afaulise!  Did you guys both interview on the 8th?  I did the October 1 interview.  It seemed to go well, OHSU is my top choice, but I still haven't heard.  Not giving hope up yet though. :)

Merlins-I'm sure they look favorably on individuals who try more than once, don't give up!  From what I could tell the faculty/facility at OHSU is well worth waiting for, even though it's hard to do so.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys!  I had checked in with admissions today and learned that some decisions have been made, but not all.  =)  ***deep breathe***.  The next time that the committee will meet will be the week of October 20th.  The majority of the committee members will be attending the PAEA Education Forum next week.  It was also mentioned that when a decision is made, you will be notified by US mail for accept, alternate, and denial.  There may also be a phone call and/or email with the status of accept and alternate.  Good luck everyone!   =)  ***and sorry if you did not get accepted.  

I was at the September 10th, and haven't heard or seen anything. I've already been accepted to a couple of other programs, but still curious, you know? I have pretty much decided to accept at another school (very similar program), but the OHSU wait has been weighing on my mind. It's definitely been longer than the "three or four weeks" that the staff told us. However, I understand it's a tough decision for them to make.

Anyway, congrats to all of you guys accepted and those who have or are interviewing. It's an awesome program. I felt pretty honored just to interview there, and all of the other potential candidates interviewing were extremely qualified.     

Hi guys! I had checked in with admissions today and learned that some decisions have been made, but not all. =) ***deep breathe***. The next time that the committee will meet will be the week of October 20th. The majority of the committee members will be attending the PAEA Education Forum next week. It was also mentioned that when a decision is made, you will be notified by US mail for accept, alternate, and denial. There may also be a phone call and/or email with the status of accept and alternate. Good luck everyone! =) ***and sorry if you did not get accepted.

This^^. I too heard from Colleen last Friday and she said that they had hoped to make their decisions last week before the PAEA conference, but they ran out of time. They are at PAEA this week, so the soonest that decisions are made will be the week of the 20th, just as the above post said.

Just received an email that I've been placed on the alternate list. I interviewed on Oct.1. I'm guessing they maybe sent a bunch of emails out today? Did anyone get the call from Ted this week for actual acceptance? Or has anyone that interviewed received a denial letter yet?

Hey all, my interview is this month, do you know if I should hold any hope of getting in or are most of the seats gone? OHSU is one of my top choices. However, reading this thread is beginning to make me wonder if there is still I chance I will get in.

Of course you still have a chance. They wouldn't interview you I'd there were no seats left. Plus on reading this forum only about five people have said they have gotten accepted for 45 seats. So in reality that means maybe 10 or 15 seats have been filled? You could even call to find out how many seats are still available. Good luck!

Archived