University of Charleston 2014

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hello, I am applying this year to the University of Charleston. I am curious approximately how many hours of clinical training is there? I see 12 months and the credits but I am looking for more specific information.

Thanks!

Hey there!

I'm a student still in the didactic phase of the program but I will try to answer your question. There are a TON of clinical simulations before going out on rotations but I won't factor that into my response since you seem to be asking specifically about actual clinicals. There are 10 rotations lasting 4 weeks each and you are required to average 40 hours per week at each site bringing the total to ~1,600 hours spent in clinical rotations before graduation. I understand that some rotations, like surgery for example, end up having you work more than the required hours. If you have an interview, this is a great question for our Director of Clinical Education.

Best of luck!

Archived