Using recruiters in job search

Guest jb555

Guest jb555

Hello,

So I am casually looking for a new job (not completely happy where I am so just waiting for a job opening to pop out at me). There are so many different listings from recruiters online and I made the mistake of applying to one and now I have various recruiters contacting me. 

My question is whether recruiters can actually be helpful and worth it. I'm worried about being taken advantage of someone who is only interested in their commission, but I've also read on here that there are areas where job openings are really only through recruiters in their area. Nothing I've seen so far online has seemed appealing and I've been on the different hospital group websites and local job searches online. 

So what are your thoughts on using recruiters - yay or nay? 

Thanks!

I recently found that on a scale of 1-10, their benefit/assistance level was a 3.  I had a FP call stating that they had received my "application" and yet I had never heard of them so someone was circulating my info without my knowledge.  I was just notified yesterday that I was accepted for a VA position (salary pending, but thankfully needs aren't great and the remainder of the benefits will seal the deal), but I found this on my own.  As others have previously noted, Indeed.com seems to have current active leads; I also found HR listings at major local institutions to be helpful which resulted in several recent interviews (two still outstanding but they won't be able to beat the VA bennies).  HealthECareers.com also seems to have current postings.  DocCafe.com seemed to be outdated without a current status being discernible.  Check with local programs if any are in your area.  Bottom line, I prefer to find listings on my own.  Best of luck.

Archived