Just wondering if anyone has heard back yet? I recently got an email stating that I wasn't competitive enough for the program. My GPA is 3.97. I have over 6 years of HCE, and 2 years of research. Besides the prerequisites, I have taken Biochemistry, Calculus, Physics, Neuroscience A&P I and II.. and many more courses and experiences.

Geez what else do they require? 

I believe that it was a mistake- perhaps some email glitch.

I have a meeting with the admission officer tomorrow. 

I'm wondering if anyone else is having these issues?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yikes, I hope it's a glitch, I mean what more do they want? I would think they only that would keep you out of PA school would be not interviewing well but that wouldn't fall under the definition 'not competitive enough', I don't think. That must be frustrating. 

Thank you Kep308 for your enthusiasm!

Basically, they told me that I am lacking in Pa shadowing experience and 30 hours of community service. I do have experience shadowing an MD. I plead with them to allow me to rectify these minor patches. I'm already taking steps to fix this, and it can be corrected really fast.

I'm awaiting their reply.

I really hope they see that I have proved myself to be academically competant and have also proven to have good bedside manner from 6 years of HCE. I really do hope they look past minor -easy to correct technicallities.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I fully submitted my application (CASPA + Supplemental) on June 9th and received an invitation to interview on June 24th. It really makes a difference to submit ASAP given Rutgers (UMDNJ) has rolling admissions.

Let me know if anyone has any questions, I'm willing to help. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Just to keep you all in the loop on turn around times, I got an email yesterday informing me that they will let me know in December if I got in or not. That was just over a week turn around from interview day to email of application status.

Good luck to everyone!

Archived