Savannah Class That Starts Jan 2012

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How long did it take for y'all to receive an interview invite after you submitted your application through CASPA? And do they notify you if you don't receive and interview? CASPA completely messed up my transcripts and didn't send my application until about a month ago. (They received 2 different school transcripts as one and took 2 months to fix it, Not a fan of CASPA)

How long did it take for y'all to receive an interview invite after you submitted your application through CASPA? And do they notify you if you don't receive and interview? CASPA completely messed up my transcripts and didn't send my application until about a month ago. (They received 2 different school transcripts as one and took 2 months to fix it, Not a fan of CASPA)

I think it is hard to say since a lot of us submitted our applications before CASPA went under construction between December and March and They didn't start looking at applications until April. I personally submitted the application and it was sent in March. I updated the school with significantly increased GRE scores in late June and got an interview invite mid July for July 26th and 27th. Good luck to all! There was 31 spots filled when I interviewed and there have been at least 8-10 people accepted since then. Wishing the best for everyone still waiting!!!

Hey Everyone,

I have my interview at South this coming Tuesday/Wednesday. It's my first interview, I'm soo nervous! I have lots of health care experience, but no shadowing experience...does anyone know if this is going to be an issue? Also, any words of advice for the interview would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a lot!

Hey Everyone,

I have my interview at South this coming Tuesday/Wednesday. It's my first interview, I'm soo nervous! I have lots of health care experience, but no shadowing experience...does anyone know if this is going to be an issue? Also, any words of advice for the interview would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a lot!

You will do great, just leave your nerves at the door and just be you. If the shadowing hOurs are a concern just explain how you feel your HCE has given light to the PA field if it has. Just be confident in yourself and your passion and it will come across. Good luck!

I just saw this thread. I am currently in the South University Program and I absolutely love it! Mercer's program is very new (about 3 years?) where as we have been around for over 10 years. The program is well established and well known within the PA world. The program is set up where we have great relationships with our professors and its very friendly/family-oriented. They do their best to eliminate competition and just promote learning... we have enough stress as it is being in PA school. If you have any questions specifically about the program or application process ask away! I would love to help!

and when it comes to CASPA, you have to submit your application 5 weeks in advance to the application deadline. The application must be processed before the application date closes or there is a slim to none chance you will be accepted this round. I know it stinks... when I was applying that was my dilemma too and I didn't get into a few schools just because of the CASPA processing time gap.

My application didn't get sent until VERY late because CASPA mixed up my transcripts and received them as wrong schools. I was emailed today saying that I lacked Biology II (I wasn't aware that my previous Biologies did not count). It took about 2 weeks from when CASPA sent it for them to contact me. You should be hearing something soon.

Talked with them this morning and they have one more interview date slotted in October. I'm not totally giving up, 'cause I don't do that. However, my faith is definitely drying up and frankly, I'm getting tired of being a student (i.e. just want to work in healthcare, especially since my brigade just left for another deployment and I miss them....'cause that's what medics do).

Rich

Hey Jennifer! I met you at dinner on Sept 20th, I was sitting right across from you! It was really great meeting you and hearing all the amazing things you said about South! The interview process was wonderfully set up and I loved all the professors that I met with. It was a really great experience, and thanks for all your input! Annie

Hello Everyone,

I had interviewed at South University Savannah Campus on the 21st and 22nd of september. I just found out that I was wait listed. Does anyone know how many spots there are on the waiting list and how many people from the waiting list actually get selected every year?

Archived