Reputation of PA Program effect NP Program?

Quick question - does anyone here think the reputation of a PA program in any way effects the reputation of an NP program? Does the quality of the PA program have any effect on the NP program quality?

I ask this because I am very interested in Duke University, applying to either their PA or NP program. I have the stats, I think, and I know for PA they are ranked number 1. I feel as a PA student I would get an excellent education - but what about as an NP student? Will they share any labs/professors? Could the PA program be number 1 and the NP program be complete sh*t?

Anyone know anything about their NP program? I know plenty about the PA program (which is what I am leaning towards) but know nothing about the NP program except that it seems to be very competetive.

Thanks!

I'm a current Duke PA student and we have never shared a class or a professor (that I know of) with an NP. We share on class with MD and DPT students, but no NP students. I honeslty couldn't tell you a single thing about the NP program other than a lot of the RNs do the NP program at Duke because Duke pays for it if you were there are an RN for 3 years. Hope that helps.

Archived