Advice needed regarding HCE

I have a question regarding my current situation with HCE. I am a Pre-PA currently working as a med/surg nursing assistant (full time) as well as a medical scribe in 2 hospital EDs (part time). I believe that these two positions are providing me with great medical experience and patient contact. However, I am getting bored as an NA, as I've been there a year and feel as though I have learned all there is to learn in a position with no room for growth (not to mention lack of pay and working nights!). 

I was told about a position at a local oncology clinic as a clinical research coordinator (full time) that sounds interesting. Benefits: working days (vs. my current night-shift), new experiences/training, etc. My issue is this: do you think I am getting better HCE working as an NA/scribe than I would as a clinical research coordinator? Does it look bad (to schools) to change jobs like this? Like I said, I feel as though I am getting some great experience, but frankly, I am unhappy in my position as an NA, and am constantly searching job openings because of it. If you guys think I'm getting better experience doing what I'm already doing, I'll stick it out - getting into PA school is the goal, so I'll do whatever is best to get to that point! Thanks!

If you've already done a year as an NA, you've probably learned what you are going to learn from that job.

The clinical research coordinator job will teach you new things and provide a better life style. You could keep the scribe jobs because you are still learning and are working in a clinical environment.

Good luck!

Archived