Advice for PA School Interviews?!

I just went through question after question of mock interview questions I found online. I recommend videotaping yourself, having others question you and most of all know the answers to the questions but don't memorize your answer. In an interview you just want to be yourself and it's good to have thought a lot about the types of questions they are going to ask you so that you can be yourself in your answer and not just spit out what you think they want to hear. Good luck!!

I have an interview at TTUHSC for the PA school in Midland Texas in 2 weeks. Does anyone have any advice on types of questions that will be asked? What to mainly be prepared for? Anything will help, thanks!

It has been echoed several times, but I highly recommend the book "How to Ace the Physician Assistant School Interview" by Andrew Rodican. I know it helped me a lot. You have plenty of time to order it and look through it. It contains many different examples of the types of questions you can expect, and what makes a good answer vs a poor one. I practiced my own answers to all of the questions sitting in front of the mirror.

I used Rodican's Getting into the PA School of your choice book and then googled PA interview questions. Between those resources I was able to prepare beforehand for about 90% of the questions I was asked at my interview. More importantly though is to relax and be yourself. Treat the interview more like a conversation rather than an interrogation.

I am going to be on a admission committee this weekend; hopefully it won't look like a presidential debate where people answer the questions that they want to answer, rather than what is asked. Please, try to be yourselves and not overly rehearsed!

See above: be yourself.

Know your own motivations and goals. Be prepared to present some stories/evidence from your background to demonstrate you have the brains and guts to suceed. Be prepared to demonstrate that you know what you are getting into, and what the major issues in healthcare are these days. Finally, think about what you have to offer the program. What is the unqiue thing you bring to the table that the group would be missing without you?

No joke in my interview, an individual said, "Well, I'm a re-applicant, have been interviewed here before, so I can tell already that I'm more relaxed and prepared than my fellow interviewees."

The negative attention from the adcom and subsequent crash and burn of this individual was amazing to watch.

Moral of the story? Don't be an arrogant, entitled prick. Relax, be humble. Make at least 1 member of the Adcom advocate for you. Have you ever been to a pro sports game, and they have the "race" on the jumbo-tron, where you pick a color and hope it wins? Its kind of like that...somebody on the Adcom should be "rooting" for you to get in. Be THAT person.

Well, first off you want to work primary care. Secondly, know why you chose to be a PA and not a physician or an NP. This is definitely a stressful period, try and get a good night sleep the day before, don't stress, and be yourself. They know your nervous, it's expected..Goodluck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, first off you want to work primary care. Secondly, know why you chose to be a PA and not a physician or an NP. This is definitely a stressful period, try and get a good night sleep the day before, don't stress, and be yourself. They know your nervous, it's expected..Goodluck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The advice about primary care... Disagree, unless your school is oriented that way. No reason to lie. Just better say you are undecided and open minded,looks and sounds fair.

TTUHSC is focused on primary care. If that's what you want to do it's good to say it. The interview is pretty lax. One 20 minute interview. Try to make a good impression on all the interviewers. Don't wait until you interview to introduce yourself. Think about why you want to be a P.A., why you chose Tech, what you do in stressful situations.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived