Anyone know anything about PA duties working for the CIA?

• 2 weeks later...

I've "heard" that sometimes they set up remote trauma clinics in apartments etc. and do some waiting within the local area.  Sometimes they get called and sometimes they don't.  Either way, when the call to "pop smoke" comes, they roll out.  Sounds cool.  I've probably said too much.  If you see a dude that got shot in the chest on his way to his Yukon in Anchorage by an unknown assailant, it was "them".

I interviewed with them way back in 1990 so nothing I say may apply now.

As mentioned, the job would have you assigned in the D.C. area for at least two years.  You would be given fake credentials and a fake job in the DC area. You would be on standby most of the time with monthly or so training days.  You would be assigned to a civilian (+military sometimes) special operations team.  At a 30 minute notice a van would pick you up.  Neither you nor your family would know where you are going or for how long you would be gone.  You would provide medical support to your team in a remote place.  You would be briefed in route.  When the assignment was done, you would return home.  You would be given fake credentials and a fake job in the DC area.

Once seasoned, you could apply for an overseas post.  That post would be to provide full medical support to regional agents, who they didn't want to go to local medical providers except as part of their cover. There too you would be given fake credentials. So, you could be assigned to Russia as a free lance reporter for Mother Earth News . . . but be the CIA medical person. If one of their agents had a medical problem, you would meet with them address it if you can, advise about leaving the country for medical reasons or even arrange a medical evac in emergencies.

• 1 month later...

I applied, 5 months later I had a few interviews,  I then took a brutal test about cold weather medical problems and injuries  ie frost bite , tx of hypo thermia etc..  , jungle medical problems  such Dengue fever, malaria , snake bites, spider bites etc...  I then had a  poly graph which was full scope TS-SCI. I then had a psychological, then a medical exam with EKG and vision. Finally  was offered a conditional offer of employment. 

The real scoop is your main role is occupational medicine in Mclean VA, for the employees of the agency You then have several months of intense medical training ie.. combat injuries,  Once approved , you are then placed on the list for  deployments to provide medical support overseas. 

There are 12 or 13 midlevel providers in medical clinic supervised by one physician director. This info is not classified.  I can't discuss anything else I was told because of the nature of the work, and yes they are always hiring.

They use it as part of a package. Most people dont really know that its just a mind game. Beating the poly or passing it more correctly involves heart rate control and controlled responses.  Better yet exagerate the control responses so that the true questions are toned down. The only thing that can read your mind is an mri/mra and who is going to pay for that.

Most people get nervous when they are lying or not prepared, so that how they use it. On a foot note, I passed mine the first go around and it was about three hours.

Ed

Archived