2013-2014 Caspa Cycle: Interviews ?

Had my interview on Friday. Received a thank you for interviewing email today, said I would need to wait until all interviews are complete in December to see if I am accepted or waitlisted. Not sure this sounds too promising. Is this a "generic email" or interviewee specific? Any thoughts. This was my first PA interview so not sure what to expect.

I received the same email today and I had interviewed October 11. It is deffinately nerve racking. I'm not really sure what to think either. Do they accept a lot of people right after the interview or do most have to wait until interviews are completed?

Several people in my class at Lock Haven received similar emails, I believe.  Some of us were accepted the business day following our interviews, some of us were accepted after all interviews were complete.  If you haven't received a seat in the program yet, it's certainly still a possibility that you'll be accepted at a later date.

Hi everyone! I interviewed mid-October and was offered a seat. For those of you who interviewed/were accepted, are any of you from out of state? I am, and I feel like I may be in the minority haha. Wjm7, do you know how many people in your class at Lock Haven are not from Pennsylvania? Just curious! Thanks and good luck to everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

After being so stressed out over my interview last Thursday the 14th, I received a phone call on Wednesday evening offering me a seat!! I was very surprised, since I heard everyone else was receiving call backs on Monday mornings. I accepted a seat at the main campus, but I am 4th on the waitlist for Harrisburg since that campus has already been filled and it was my 1st choice. I am from out of state too!! (New Jersey)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Does anyone know how many students have already been accepted into the program?  Just trying to get an estimate.  I interviewed in November and still have not heard anything from them.  Thanks!

I interviewed in October, and didn't hear anything from them until November. I was notified that my application was placed on hold and they will notify whether I was waitlisted/accepted after all the interviews are over in December. I have tried calling and emailing them, but they did not answer. Your interview is probably placed on hold as well. I'm not sure when they will be notifying accepted/waitlisted..

Hey guys I e-mailed Sarah Lewis, PA-C she is an instructor at the Harrisburg campus and she was really helpful at answering my questions you should try emailing her because I think the main campus office might be really busy with tons of emails and calls. Maybe she can tell you about how many spots are filled and such. Best wishes!

• 5 months later...

I graduated from the program last May.  When i interviewed there were a little over 1,000 applicants, 200 got interviews, and 76 were accepted.  I know that they changed there interview times but i would think there are still as many applicants if not more.

Hello! I'm currently attending the Coudersport campus. The statistics when I applied are pretty much the same as the previous post. My advice is to try and remain calm! They give you a short "test" on bio knowledge that includes anatomy, give you a tour, introduce some faculty, and then do the interviews which last about 15 minutes. My interviewer made me feel extremely calm and comfortable. It was a very relaxed interview and if you don't know the answer to a question it's better that you just say i don't know than try to answer it! Also, just be yourself (I'm sure everyone is telling you that but it's true). I feel like this program accepts more students who are confident and personable. Best of luck to you! I love it at LHU!

Hello! I'm currently attending the Coudersport campus. The statistics when I applied are pretty much the same as the previous post. My advice is to try and remain calm! They give you a short "test" on bio knowledge that includes anatomy, give you a tour, introduce some faculty, and then do the interviews which last about 15 minutes. My interviewer made me feel extremely calm and comfortable. It was a very relaxed interview and if you don't know the answer to a question it's better that you just say i don't know than try to answer it! Also, just be yourself (I'm sure everyone is telling you that but it's true). I feel like this program accepts more students who are confident and personable. Best of luck to you! I love it at LHU!

How was the test? I took anatomy last fall but I haven't had gen bio for about four years.  They didn't mention anything about a test. I also have an interview coming up!

How was the test? I took anatomy last fall but I haven't had gen bio for about four years.  They didn't mention anything about a test. I also have an interview coming up!

It was pretty easy in my opinion. When I took it I had been out of school for 2 years and was fine so you should be ok! Also, I forgot that they also had us do a short essay on a moral/medical situation. I can't remember what the topic was but it wasn't anything outlandish. Good luck!

Archived