PA program that requires 2 LOR?

Hi,

Does anyone know any PA programs that require only two letters of rec? I asked my Chem professor for a letter of rec in the December of last year. Since summer has started, he hasn't been reply to me and I would really like to submit my application soon. So, do any of you know any programs that require only two letters of rec, or do you have any advice on what I should do?

Thanks in advance!

Submit your application with those 2 lor's. caspa allows u to do so. Is there not any other person u can ask? If not, Find a PA to shadow..shadow him or her for a few days..then explain your situation to them and offer to write it for them. It's hard to say no when you are only being asked to submit the letter. Hey it's better than nothing.

I'm sorry but are you seriously shopping for a school based on the number of LOR's required? Am I the only one that finds that totally whacked? Don't you have any more pride in your education and ability as a future provider than to settle for any school that has easier admit requirements?

I find this very sad and frustrating. Advice on what you should do is take a year to gain some HCE then have some folks who actually saw you perform medical care to write your LOR. That would be the best possible solution.

Agree with the above. A letter from someone you've worked with day in & day out performing patient care will carry much more weight than one from someone you followed around for a few days. As someone else said, it's better than nothing... but, not by much in my opinion.

I'm sorry but are you seriously shopping for a school based on the number of LOR's required? Am I the only one that finds that totally whacked? Don't you have any more pride in your education and ability as a future provider than to settle for any school that has easier admit requirements?

I find this very sad and frustrating. Advice on what you should do is take a year to gain some HCE then have some folks who actually saw you perform medical care to write your LOR. That would be the best possible solution.

100% agree. I'll say though with the number of schools that I've seen with little to NO requirement for HCE, what's their incentive to actually work in the profession that many students view as, "easy way out of med school and still be a provider"? How many applicants get interviews and seats in schools with volunteer, shadow and/or little to no HCE these days? I can tell you...a bunch! I know of two that have been in classes with me that both combined equated to wheel chair pushers and giver of directions on where the cafeteria is.

To link together two topics, this might be why west coast schools are lower ranked than those back east. The requirement for ACTUAL experience is becoming less and less.

@Elmers:

Indiana University's program in Indianapolis requires and reviews 2 LOR only. One must come from a PA. However, most programs require 3 LOR, so I suggest you seek out other options quickly. Provide the prospective references with your resume and some highlights of your background relevant to PA school.

Best,

Josh Morrison

Director, Student Enrollment Services

IU School of Health & Rehabilitation Sciences, IUPUI

http://www.shrs.iupui.edu

ptadmit@iupui.edu

Hi,

Does anyone know any PA programs that require only two letters of rec? I asked my Chem professor for a letter of rec in the December of last year. Since summer has started, he hasn't been reply to me and I would really like to submit my application soon. So, do any of you know any programs that require only two letters of rec, or do you have any advice on what I should do?

Thanks in advance!

I agree with some of the other comments; just ask someone else to write you a letter. When I applied, I had one from a teacher, one from our EMS chief, and one from a friend who had known me for 20 years and worked with me. I would submit that everyone has three people who could write a letter; just think about it a little more broadly.

Archived