91 replies to this topic

#1 oneloverach

oneloverach

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 11:58 PM

1st time applicant to this school form Las Vegas. 

Does anyone know if they do any rolling admissions?

Good luck to everyone who is applying!

#2 Diggy

Diggy

Medical Assistant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 01:56 AM

No idea but I submitted 5/28 and no updates so far.

Good luck 

NR-EMT, MA

Disclaimer: I am an aspiring PA and not a professional one, so my advice may or may not be helpful.

#3 PAShopeful1617

PAShopeful1617

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 03:44 PM

I believe they do some sort of rolling admission. Received a confirmation email from them 5/23 stating they would begin sending out interview invites in November.

#4 oneloverach

oneloverach

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 11:20 PM

Okay so it sounds like it will be a long wait them as far as interview invites go. I was worried because a few of the schools I've applied to have already sent out interview invites and I haven't gotten one yet :(.

#5 eliam22

eliam22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 04:42 PM

Just received an auto email from them saying they've received my app and that they won't start sending invitations to interview until November... what a long wait...

#6 AJM17285

AJM17285

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 09:03 PM

Hey everyone, I'll be starting this program in September. I applied in July, got an interview invite sometime in Nov-Dec and then interviewed in January. Hang tight, the wait is the worst!

• mbj likes this

#7 titanicjo

titanicjo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 07:12 PM

I submitted my application on 7/9 and received the confirmation generic email on 7/12. Fingers crossed!!

#8 eliam22

eliam22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 08:01 PM

I also received an email saying my application was complete and that interviews start in November. Nervous!!!!!

#9 anawise

anawise

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 05:55 PM

Now we wait. haha. Good luck to everyone, following this feed.

#10 a_spade

a_spade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 08:58 PM

Excited to hear back! Does anyone know what dates in November or December? 

#11 winniethepooh

winniethepooh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 10:27 PM

Was told that I missed one pre-requisite, yet could not get a hold of the admission counselor who sent out that email. It has been over a week.

#12 pandabear.katie

pandabear.katie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 09:23 PM

Was told that I missed one pre-requisite, yet could not get a hold of the admission counselor who sent out that email. It has been over a week.

Maybe same thing as me, I failed to read the prereq requirement that you're supposed to have your bachelor's degree done by summer 2016.  I won't be graduating until May 2017 so that's why I had to withdraw my application.

#13 PaigeClark3

PaigeClark3

Registered

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 08:57 PM

@pandabear.katie- I want to thank you for posting this.  I just rechecked there site and they changed it to say bachelors degree AND prereqs. When I checked a few weeks ago I believed it was just the prereqs that had to be complete, because I was excited I could apply with my bachelors in progress. I wish I was able to apply this time, but everything happens for a reason. I will be obtaining my bachelors in March 2017. Good Luck everyone!

I am a current certified medical assistant in the emergency department. I have a background of 7+ years in family practice as a medical assistant and 2.5 years being a x-ray technician.

#14 kickstartle

kickstartle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 06:05 PM

Just received my confirmation email and that they are reviewing my app. The wait for November begins...

#15 alexis_86

alexis_86

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 03:58 PM

Hi everyone! I thought everyone might appreciate a general timeline overview from a current applicant. I applied this last cycle and made it onto the waitlist...I'm actually currently number 9 and was told they can still pull off the waitlist until Sept. 11th (the day before classes start)...it's a long shot and I'm sure I'll just be reapplying again this next cycle but just to give you an idea I heard back around mid November that my app was still being reviewed. In February I was called and offered an interview and then in early March I heard my where spot on the waitlist was. Good luck everyone! This program seems amazing!
  • M_G_N and mbj like this

#16 kickstartle

kickstartle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 09:22 PM

Hi everyone! I thought everyone might appreciate a general timeline overview from a current applicant. I applied this last cycle and made it onto the waitlist...I'm actually currently number 9 and was told they can still pull off the waitlist until Sept. 11th (the day before classes start)...it's a long shot and I'm sure I'll just be reapplying again this next cycle but just to give you an idea I heard back around mid November that my app was still being reviewed. In February I was called and offered an interview and then in early March I heard my where spot on the waitlist was. Good luck everyone! This program seems amazing!

Thank you for sharing with us! Wish you the best of luck!

#17 chichamorada

chichamorada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 10:20 PM

Current student here.  I thought I'd answer some common questions.

Also, be sure to check out the other threads from prior admission years.  Often you'll find the info you need in them.

1) There's no rolling admission...so be prepared to wait until December or even next Jan/Feb before you get a call for an interview.  They wait until all applications have been submitted before starting to review them.  With 3,000 applicants, it takes a while to make interview decisions.

2) Only write emails to the department if you absolutely cannot find the answer to your question on the website or on this forum.  The faculty truly despise pointless emails.  What if you have not heard from them by January and you're just writing to "check in"?...don't do it! As long as you got that initial confirmation email upon submitting through CASPA, you can be sure they are reading your application. 

• kickstartle likes this

#18 Christiana1

Christiana1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 05:46 AM

Did they always have a requirement for the bachelors to be complete at the time of the application ? I looked back in july when I applied and at that time it only stated that pre recs had to be complete so I submitted unless I just missed something. Anyone have more information on this ?

#19 kickstartle

kickstartle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 09:31 PM

Maybe same thing as me, I failed to read the prereq requirement that you're supposed to have your bachelor's degree done by summer 2016.  I won't be graduating until May 2017 so that's why I had to withdraw my application.

I'm guessing they weren't very specific in the beginning explaining their requirement for having the bachelor degree prior to applying. I hope this helps.

#20 PAinthePROCESS

PAinthePROCESS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 02:31 PM

Welcome back Alexis_ 86 I too will be reapplying this year! Hopefully we get another interview invite LOL

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users