• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#1 ATC13

ATC13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 10:58 AM

Figured I would start a post for this years CASPA cycle. Did anyone get interview last year if so any suggestions?

I received my masters in athletic training a few years ago and have over 10k HCE. 3.6 science GPA with overall a little lower than that.

Didn't get an interview last year but hopefully will this year.

#2 JED617

JED617

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 07:35 PM

Ended up interviewing with them last cycle (I chose another school)

BUT,

It was a pretty long morning.  You will have individual interviews, but I don't recall a group interview.  Each interviewer tried to focus on a different aspect of your personality. It was low-stress, and the staff was very friendly. Have questions ready to ask as well! That always helps.  There were students from the above class helping with interviews and talking to us as well! It was probably the best interview I attended.

It's weird you didn't get an interview....I have  B.S. in Biology and only 2 years of HCE (1 yr EMT, 1 yr MA) + lots of shadowing & 3.8 GPA, but I would think your experience/Masters's trumps my credentials by a lot.  Just goes to show that PA admissions is never straightforward!

#3 NJZ2310

NJZ2310

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 04:28 AM

Hi, I'm reapplying this year as well, I interviewed last year and was placed on the alternate list, but unfortunately did not get an offer. I have a 3.45 science and around 5,000 patient care hours as a CNA in Med/Surg ICU and ER Tech/EMT in a trauma center.
The interview was very laid back, the faculty and staff were very welcoming and friendly. My best advice is to be yourself during the interview and come prepared. Good Luck! :)

#4 ATC13

ATC13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:41 PM

Thanks for the replies. I took a few more prerequisite classes for other programs and raised my GPA by a little so hopefully I get an interview. I will hopefully be able to use the tips you guys gave me, thanks again

#5 abermude

abermude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 01:36 AM

Has anyone received a completion email yet? My CASPA was verified May 10th and I still have not received anything from them. Is this normal? This is the first time I will be applying here so I'm not sure what I should expect timeline wise.

#6 MudIslander

MudIslander

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 03:24 AM

Abermude, I was going to ask the same thing. I submitted my completed CASPA application to Quinnipiac, but I haven't heard anything or received any emails saying they received my application. 

#7 rissaw

rissaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 01:29 PM

I'm a re-applicant here. Last year it took two weeks to just get a confirmation email after being verified. This cycle I was verified 5/10 but still haven't gotten anything yet either.

#8 abermude

abermude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 04:00 AM

Thanks for letting us know rissawalker! Hopefully we will hear something soon!

#9 orthotech85

orthotech85

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 07:26 PM

Received a conformation email today stating that my application has been received.

#10 rissaw

rissaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 06:28 PM

Same here, I received it yesterday. So now we get to wait some more! :D

#11 hfillman

hfillman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 12:03 AM

Thanks for the update everyone! My application was verified 5/27 and no word back from them yet. Sounds like it will be a couple weeks before I hear anything. Good luck during the application process everyone! 

#12 Jigglytofu

Jigglytofu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 07:22 PM

Hi everyone, I'm about to submit my application today. I just had a question regarding lab verification- my General Chemistry class did not have a separate lab component on my transcript, even though the lab was 3 hours long per week. On my official transcript, the title of the class is "General Chemistry with Lab" and the credit is 4 credits. Is this enough on the application without attaching a separate document? And if I do attach a separate document, what kind of doc would it be? Just a lab syllabus from when I took it back in 2010 (if they even have that available on my school's website)?

#13 rissaw

rissaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 05:34 PM

For all my classes if they did not have separate credits and listed as a separate class for the lab portion, I attached the description from the course catalog from that semester/year. You can search the course catalog for many years back typically. You might be able to download the course description as a file and upload that. It might depend on the school though. Hopefully that helps!

#14 Jigglytofu

Jigglytofu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:27 PM

I just got the email that they received my application! I submitted to CASPA on June 8th.

#15 GoyaHoya69

GoyaHoya69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 03:03 PM

CASPA verified on 6/17 and just received confirmation that they received my app today, 6/27.

#16 Hopeful2bPA

Hopeful2bPA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 07:41 AM

Anyone received a interview here or any idea when they will start interviewing?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

#17 bella51689

bella51689

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 10:31 PM

Anyone received a interview here or any idea when they will start interviewing?

Hey, here's the response that's included in the verification email they sent me.  

June – September: Initial review of files by Graduate Admissions and the PA Department

September – November:  Interviews held on the North Haven campus

October – January:  Admissions decisions sent in the mail

• Hopeful2bPA likes this

#18 Hopeful2bPA

Hopeful2bPA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 01:08 AM

Hey, here's the response that's included in the verification email they sent me.
June – September: Initial review of files by Graduate Admissions and the PA Department

September – November: Interviews held on the North Haven campus

October – January: Admissions decisions sent in the mail

How long it took them to respond after you submitted your application?

#19 bella51689

bella51689

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 05:30 PM

How long it took them to respond after you submitted your application?

Took about 3 weeks after my CASPA was verified.

#20 PAguy24

PAguy24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 09:14 PM

CASPA verified 5/14.
Submitted to QU 5/14.
Application acknowledgment email received 5/27.

Looks like they began sending out interview invites last year in mid August, so hopefully we will hear soon. Good luck to all! :) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users