UNE Org Chem

Has anyone taken the UNE Org Chem recently.  From what I understood on the website there was a recent change in the course.  The current professor is David R. Manyan, PhD.  Has anyone taken the course with him as the professor?  How is he?  How are the quizzes and tests?  Any info?  Thanks

I am currently enrolled in UNE's Organic Chem course. I also took their sequence or inorganic chemistry. It is challenging. You have to be very motivated and be good at learning difficult subjects and teaching them to yourself. The lecture is a powerpoint slide show with Dr. Manyan narrating. I found it only slightly helpful. It is nothing like the lecture you would get in person. There are 15 modules worth 15% of your grade. The lab is worth 25% of your grade. The Final exam is comprehensive and is worth 60% of your grade. It take that next week. Dr. Manyan is very quick to respond to email questions. I have never had to wait longer than 1 day. Best of luck.

Archived