2013 UPAP Application

I recently submitted my application, and I haven't seen any new posts in this forum for the 2013 process. We could all help each other out by posting any new news. Have you heard anything, been offered an interview, etc...? Supplemental applications aren't available until June 18th so I guess that's the next step. Good luck everyone!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I finished my CASPA and Supplemental approximately June 23rd, I haven't heard anything back.

I know we are not allowed to talk about the questions, but in general how did you feel about the supplemental ? Wow it stressed me out and I took every last second to work on my answers! I wish you all luck!

I have only heard back from one school. DeSales in Philadelphia invited me for an interview, but other than that I have only got the " we have received your application thanks for your money" emails haha.

Hey guys, just wanted to give a heads up for those who are still applying...I just submitted my supplemental application and I'm freaking out! I know that the instructions said you can't skip questions or go back...but I was still typing my question 1 when it timed out, and I must have been backspacing at that exact moment because It automatically skipped me to question 3! I didn't even get to see question 2! It warns you not to back space or hit the back button, so I doubt anything can be done, but wow! What bad timing for me :( So be really careful when you're getting towards the end of your time limit! If anyone has any insight on this, please let me know...

@kscasey- I received an email stating that the application was submitted and that they are NOT on a rolling admissions, so not to expect a call until october sometime..

Hey guys, just wanted to give a heads up for those who are still applying...I just submitted my supplemental application and I'm freaking out! I know that the instructions said you can't skip questions or go back...but I was still typing my question 1 when it timed out, and I must have been backspacing at that exact moment because It automatically skipped me to question 3! I didn't even get to see question 2! It warns you not to back space or hit the back button, so I doubt anything can be done, but wow! What bad timing for me :( So be really careful when you're getting towards the end of your time limit! If anyone has any insight on this, please let me know...

@kscasey- I received an email stating that the application was submitted and that they are NOT on a rolling admissions, so not to expect a call until october sometime..

Thanks for the heads up. I've yet to do the supplemental application. Would you be able to contact the school and see what they say about your situation?

Did they ever get back to you about this?

I don't know what will happen now but I accidentally pressed backspace twice while typing that it didn't save one of the questions and skipped me to the next. I don't have a good feeling about this, though I did email them.

As for the supplemental questions, I thought they were ok (: I ended up not using the whole time provided though I had to shorten them quite a bit.

I went to the open house the other day, and she said that they will have interviews in November. She said that they have started scoring applications as well ( Doris ).

I wish you all luck, I am a average applicant at UPAP, my patient care hours are minimal 3,000. I hope you all get good news !!!

• 1 month later...

Still no word from UPAP yet, and I already have a couple of early acceptances at other programs (they have rolling admissions). I guess it is a good problem to have, but now I am going to have to put down a deposit to hold my seat somewhere else while I keep hoping for my alma mater!

I talked with Doris on the phone today to ask her some general questions about the application, interview, and acceptance process. She confirmed that they have started reviewing applications. Interview invites will come in October for the interviews in November.

If you are selected for an interview, you will need to be there for TWO days, either the weekend of November 8-9 or November 15-16. If I remember right, there will be a total of at least 3 one-on-one interviews and one group interview. As part of the process, there is a 150 question test assessing knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and I believe some medical terminology. They have a social event on Friday night that you can bring your spouse/significant other to. She said that while the actual testing and interview portions are mandatory, the other presentations and tours are optional.

If accepted, there is a $500 deposit required to hold your seat, but unlike other programs, they count much of this deposit towards your background check and things instead of tacking on too many extra fees. She was surprised when I told her how much two of the schools I have already been accepted to want for a deposit just to hold my place. One school wants $1,000 and another wants $2,000!

Good luck to everyone! Here's hoping for an invite!

I talked with Doris on the phone today to ask her some general questions about the application, interview, and acceptance process. She confirmed that they have started reviewing applications. Interview invites will come in October for the interviews in November.

If you are selected for an interview, you will need to be there for TWO days, either the weekend of November 8-9 or November 15-16. If I remember right, there will be a total of at least 3 one-on-one interviews and one group interview. As part of the process, there is a 150 question test assessing knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and I believe some medical terminology. They have a social event on Friday night that you can bring your spouse/significant other to. She said that while the actual testing and interview portions are mandatory, the other presentations and tours are optional.

If accepted, there is a $500 deposit required to hold your seat, but unlike other programs, they count much of this deposit towards your background check and things instead of tacking on too many extra fees. She was surprised when I told her how much two of the schools I have already been accepted to want for a deposit just to hold my place. One school wants $1,000 and another wants $2,000!

Good luck to everyone! Here's hoping for an invite!

rcreek-This is correct about the interview process. I was lucky enough to interview here last year however, I did not get accepted. I reapplied in hopes of landing another shot. I have had several interviews already but no acceptances. I am a local guy as I believe you are so this is obviously my top choice. Good luck to you! October will be here before we know it.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE FROM 9/19 INFO SESSION:

Approximately 700 applicants this year, and about 100 applications left to review. Those who get the best review scores will be invited to interview. They will interview about 100 students for the 44 slots. About 150 applicants had GPA's above 3.7, but she said this to emphasize that they are not going to only look at GPA's.

I applied last year and they let me know that I DID NOT have an interview on the 3rd or 4th of October, but a friend of mine that is in the program right now was told the first of the second week in October so if the U of U goes by what happened last year, they might let people know that didn't get an interview by this weekend and people that will get an interview by the first of next week. Hoping this helps but still having anxiety for the next couple of weeks.

I haven't heard anything yet either. I called a different program to ask about my application and they said that their admissions committee was at a conference for the week but they would be back next week. I'm not sure if this was a larger scale conference but we should be hearing back next week or the week after. Good luck everyone!

Archived