Transcript Question

I recently transferred to a new college and wanted to know when applying to PA school do they need my current colleges transcript or both. To expand on this, some classes transferred over while others did not and wanted to have an idea as to where i stand in terms of my GPA when calculating my overall.

Thank You

Send them the official transcripts from both schools. CASPA may have specific instructions on how to deal with the transfers. If they don't, call or email them while they're still not too busy to answer your questions. You might have better luck asking this in the CASPA section of the forums. Good Luck!

You will enter all of your classes (whether they transferred or not) by semester according to the school where you took the class. CASPA does not care what transferred and what didn't. Just put in every class that you EVER took and make sure you order transcripts from every school that you EVER went to (even if all of the classes show as transfer credits on another transcript). Yes, CASPA will double check you and fix your mistakes, but if they have to fix too much they will just cancel your application (and probably won't refund the $$).

No, you can not be selective.

Ah so you cant be selective it seems?

You can't, sorry. You have to turn in everything and be truthful. I took a 3 credit English 101 class at a community college many, many years ago. I had to send that in, even tho I took the same class at my undergraduate school a few years later. I know you want to avoid the bad grades but you have to send them in just like the good ones.

Archived