Hey guys,

-New grad offer for Pulmonary & Critical care in the midwest

• Position is full time, salaried, working 72 hours every two weeks.
  • Primarily based at one hospital but sometimes will cover at other affiliated hospitals
  • Position works three, 12hr night (7p to 7:30a) shifts a week.
  • While only 72 hours per pay will be worked, I will be paid for 80 hours in exchange for the weekend and night shift hours.
  • base wage is around $40/hr or about 85k/yr
  • $2500 for cme
  • 401 k available
  • health, dental, malpractice and life paid

I appreciate your comments and discussion!

Hey guys,

• Primarily based at one hospital but sometimes will cover at other affiliated hospitals
  • While only 72 hours per pay will be worked, I will be paid for 80 hours in exchange for the weekend and night shift hours.
  • $2500 for cme
  • 401 k available

Hey guys,

• $2500 for cme
  • 401 k available

Hey guys,

• Position is full time, salaried, working 72 hours per week.
  • $2500 for cme
  • 401 k available

I'm assuming that you mean 72 hours per two weeks. Our new grads in the ICU start around $75k and get a 30k night differential. So the premium for nights should be higher IMO. It also depends on how busy your going to be. We are expected to have 75% of our time in patient care so fairly busy.

Hey guys,

• $2500 for cme
  • 401 k available

I'm assuming that you mean 72 hours per two weeks. Our new grads in the ICU start around $75k and get a 30k night differential. So the premium for nights should be higher IMO. It also depends on how busy your going to be. We are expected to have 75% of our time in patient care so fairly busy.

Hey guys,

• $2500 for cme
  • 401 k available

I would be working with 2 physicians and 1 PA until midnight and then 1 physician from midnight - 7am doing mainly admissions. I would be expected to do a MAX of 8 admissions in one night and my rounding load of patients would be ~8.

I would be working with 2 physicians and 1 PA until midnight and then 1 physician from midnight - 7am doing mainly admissions. I would be expected to do a MAX of 8 admissions in one night and my rounding load of patients would be ~8.

The job doesn't sound too bad (although 8 admissions in a night is a lot. I still think the salary sounds low for nights. Get a salary survey and see what Pulm CCM in your area is paying.

The job doesn't sound too bad (although 8 admissions in a night is a lot. I still think the salary sounds low for nights. Get a salary survey and see what Pulm CCM in your area is paying.

85k as a new grad isn't too bad. 8 admissions doesn't seem to be too bad to me. when our PAs cover admissions we are responsible for up to 12/shift + rounding on those already admitted( up to 12 adults and several kids in 2 different locations).

85k as a new grad isn't too bad. 8 admissions doesn't seem to be too bad to me. when our PAs cover admissions we are responsible for up to 12/shift + rounding on those already admitted( up to 12 adults and several kids in 2 different locations).

85k for a new grad isn't bad. 85k for nights is on the low end. For admissions it depends on how many are floor versus critical care. If they are critical care there is a lot more follow up and interpretation. Potentially have to line them up, all that takes time. Most we've had in our ICU in a 12 hour nights in 7 and that required the attending and the fellow coming in. Our ICU is a tertiary/quatenary SICU so probably different than a community program.

85k for a new grad isn't bad. 85k for nights is on the low end. For admissions it depends on how many are floor versus critical care. If they are critical care there is a lot more follow up and interpretation. Potentially have to line them up, all that takes time. Most we've had in our ICU in a 12 hour nights in 7 and that required the attending and the fellow coming in. Our ICU is a tertiary/quatenary SICU so probably different than a community program.

• 3 weeks later...

12 admits/night EMED? This includes admit orders and full admit note or just orders and rounding?

Archived