Student Case #RR01

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

No recent travel history.

OK, time for DDx and labs. Everyone gets to pick one lab (or panel) that they think will most conclusively rule in or out one disease, disorder, or condition. Pick your lab and state what you expect to find. I won't be back for several hours, so take your time...

• Administrator

OK, time for DDx and labs. Everyone gets to pick one lab (or panel) that they think will most conclusively rule in or out one disease, disorder, or condition. Pick your lab and state what you expect to find. I won't be back for several hours, so take your time...

• Administrator

Additional question...sexually active? Last mammo? I'd really like to have 2 tests because honeybadger don't care (HcG and HbA1C)...While I don't think keflex affects the minipill metabolism (or does it?), you can never be too sure, even though she states having a period. And its possible she has an elevated A1c (BMI is 30) which might be some of the issues of pain, swelling, neph etc due to vascular issues? Would a mammogram be in order if she hasn't had one? (mid 30s, fam hx, etc)...

Additional question...sexually active? Last mammo? I'd really like to have 2 tests because honeybadger don't care (HcG and HbA1C)...While I don't think keflex affects the minipill metabolism (or does it?), you can never be too sure, even though she states having a period. And its possible she has an elevated A1c (BMI is 30) which might be some of the issues of pain, swelling, neph etc due to vascular issues? Would a mammogram be in order if she hasn't had one? (mid 30s, fam hx, etc)...

• Administrator

Sexual activity was implied by being married, almost a year postpartum, and on appropriate birth control.

Mammogram has not been done yet.

CBC shows H&H and MCV is a bit on the low side, but not anemic.

BUN/Creatinine are are normal.

• Administrator

Sexual activity was implied by being married, almost a year postpartum, and on appropriate birth control.

• Administrator

Archived