Just for fun --

one of the PAFT board members sent a reply to this ad:

Are you unclear on the capabilities of healthcare providers such as NPs and PAs? We PRACTICE MEDICINE. It seems to me that you are on the hunt for a good receptionist or RMA.

Now - don't get me wrong, as a PA with 20+ years of experience providing medical services to patients, producing $50-60,000 average/month in billable services, ordering/interpreting diagnostic studies, performing office procedures and 1st assisting in complex surgeries in the OR, I will step in wherever needed and perform any job I feel capable of doing - including answering the telephone, scheduling my patient's procedure and I'll even clean up the bathroom if an unfortunate occurrence happens and no one else is available. However, I don't think you want to pay me 6 figures plus bonus to do non-income producing tasks like those listed on your job description. If you are willing to pay that salary, I'm sure you will get some lazy PA or NP somewhere to take your job. Just a suggestion - rethink your job description or the type of employee you're really hunting for. No self respectable PA or NP will waste their time applying for a job post like yours. If they do, I'm pretty sure they will be lacking at least half of your required qualifications and have a few background problems if they can't get a job elsewhere.

I'm not a recruiting expert, but I believe I could guide you on the typically accepted understanding on what Advance Practice Clinicians like PAs and NPs do in a given day in the course of their jobs - including in a gastroenterology practice. If you need further assistance in this effort, I'd be happy to lend my thoughts. The first thought is to ask your doc if they really expect a professionally trained PA or NP to perform those listed tasks. Either he/she or whoever created this job listing are unaware of what PAs and NPs are capable of offering a medical practice like yours.

A friendly PAs perspective…..Good Luck!

Are you unclear on the capabilities of healthcare providers such as NPs and PAs? We PRACTICE MEDICINE. It seems to me that you are on the hunt for a good receptionist or RMA.

Now - don't get me wrong, as a PA with 20+ years of experience providing medical services to patients, producing $50-60,000 average/month in billable services, ordering/interpreting diagnostic studies, performing office procedures and 1st assisting in complex surgeries in the OR, I will step in wherever needed and perform any job I feel capable of doing - including answering the telephone, scheduling my patient's procedure and I'll even clean up the bathroom if an unfortunate occurrence happens and no one else is available. However, I don't think you want to pay me 6 figures plus bonus to do non-income producing tasks like those listed on your job description. If you are willing to pay that salary, I'm sure you will get some lazy PA or NP somewhere to take your job. Just a suggestion - rethink your job description or the type of employee you're really hunting for. No self respectable PA or NP will waste their time applying for a job post like yours. If they do, I'm pretty sure they will be lacking at least half of your required qualifications and have a few background problems if they can't get a job elsewhere.

I'm not a recruiting expert, but I believe I could guide you on the typically accepted understanding on what Advance Practice Clinicians like PAs and NPs do in a given day in the course of their jobs - including in a gastroenterology practice. If you need further assistance in this effort, I'd be happy to lend my thoughts. The first thought is to ask your doc if they really expect a professionally trained PA or NP to perform those listed tasks. Either he/she or whoever created this job listing are unaware of what PAs and NPs are capable of offering a medical practice like yours.

E-

Nicely done, very nicely done.

Btw folks, as far as influence goes, do you realize the E is the generator of a full 5% of the total responses on the forum!!!

One out of every twenty responses here belongs to E...

And The majority of these answers are informative and provide posters with answers involving names, places and data that most of us don't know...

The man is a fountain of information and a treasure to us all.

As evidenced by the quality of the response above.

E-

Btw folks, as far as influence goes, do you realize the E is the generator of a full 5% of the total responses on the forum!!!

And The majority of these answers are informative and provide posters with answers involving names, places and data that most of us don't know...

E-

Davis- I wish I could take credit for the response to the craigslist post but Nichole, the new secretary of PAFT, wrote it...

but after your nice statement about the quality of my posts I feel the need to post something new I just learned of potential value to others:

Management of Epinephrine-Resistant Anaphylaxis

The standard treatment of anaphylactic shock is fluid resuscitation and intravenous epinephrine. However, some patients exhibit epinephrine-resistant (catecholamine-resistant) anaphylaxis. A significant issue faced by clinicians is how to proceed if epinephrine and fluid resuscitation are unsuccessful - this can be quite a stressful situation as a management decision needs to be made promptly.

There is an increasing amount of compelling evidence that vasopressin can be successfully used in patients with anaphylaxis (with or without cardiac arrest) who did not respond to standard therapy. Doses of 1 -20 units of vasopressin have been used in such patients.

References:

(1) Weott P. ICU Director 2013; 4: 88-92.

(2) Vanden Hoek T, et al. Circulation 2010;122:S829-S861.

(3) Schummer C, et al. Anesth Analg 2008; 107:620-4.

(4) Dewachter P. Anesthesiology 2009;111: 1141-1150.

(5) Hussain AM, et al. Singapore Med J 2008;49: e225-8.

Davis- I wish I could take credit for the response to the craigslist post but Nichole, the new secretary of PAFT, wrote it...

but after your nice statement about the quality of my posts I feel the need to post something new I just learned of potential value to others:

The standard treatment of anaphylactic shock is fluid resuscitation and intravenous epinephrine. However, some patients exhibit epinephrine-resistant (catecholamine-resistant) anaphylaxis. A significant issue faced by clinicians is how to proceed if epinephrine and fluid resuscitation are unsuccessful - this can be quite a stressful situation as a management decision needs to be made promptly.

There is an increasing amount of compelling evidence that vasopressin can be successfully used in patients with anaphylaxis (with or without cardiac arrest) who did not respond to standard therapy. Doses of 1 -20 units of vasopressin have been used in such patients.

References:

References:

E-

Not to embarrass you 'E' but I do appreciate your time on here, I have learned a lot from reading your posts (as well as others). Thank you and thank you to all.

E-

Not to embarrass you 'E' but I do appreciate your time on here, I have learned a lot from reading your posts (as well as others). Thank you and thank you to all.

E-

I first want to applaud Nichole for the wonderful response !!! This type of ad, deserve this type of reply !!! and I also want to thank you E for sharing that response with us :) and finally I want to agree with RC .. You were and still are an impressive source of information!!! I did benefit alot from it and sometimes i even print them so I can remember !!! and of course many other member here ... I really appreciate all efforts that you all put in this forum to keep it a good reference for everyone :))

I first want to applaud Nichole for the wonderful response !!! This type of ad, deserve this type of reply !!! and I also want to thank you E for sharing that response with us :) and finally I want to agree with RC .. You were and still are an impressive source of information!!! I did benefit alot from it and sometimes i even print them so I can remember !!! and of course many other member here ... I really appreciate all efforts that you all put in this forum to keep it a good reference for everyone :))

Archived