Quick question!

The application opened up April 17th....

My question is....

Is the application to enter Fall 2013 or Fall 2014? I wouldn't think so considering the school deadlines

The reason why I ask is because on a PA school website it said if one does not have one of the pre-requisites finished then they are automatically not considered for admission - that would make no since considering programs like medical school - you apply during your junior year and and interview during the senior year still having time to finish any other needed pre-reqs before matriculation etc - I know you need most to do the MCAT, but that's just one scenario.

I'm curious why Nevada- Touro stated that, because my plan was...I'm graduating this May 2013 with a B.S in Neuroscience and I planned on interviewing throughout Fall and Spring and enter Fall 2014 if accepted? Is this correct?

The app is for Fall 2014 (for schools that start in the fall). Some schools require that all your prerequisites are completed at the time of application (i.e. you can NOT have any of the prerequisites in progress once you apply for these schools, or you will not be considered for acceptance). Many schools simply require that they be completed by matriculation, and for these schools your application would be fully considered.

On the TUN website it says "Applicants who are still in progress of conferring/completing their bachelor degree program will not be considered for admission."

You're applying for the class of 2016. You would begin classes July 2014 if accepted as with most two year programs out this way.

perhaps the schools that are requiring that you finish all the pre requisites feel that it is important for you to demonstrate your dedication to their program. Maybe they have gotten tired of processing so many applications that in the end, never actually met all the criteria to be called for interview.

personally, as a non traditional student i.e.: old guy, I never understood how one could apply for something that had listed requirements, without fulfilling the requirements. I guess it's a brave new world.

personally, as a non traditional student i.e.: old guy, I never understood how one could apply for something that had listed requirements, without fulfilling the requirements. I guess it's a brave new world.

That's where the "in progress" option comes in on CASPA. Most schools have a limit to the number of pre-reqs that can still be in progress, though. To apply to mine you can have no more than 9 hours in progress(out of 66hrs of total pre-reqs).

Archived