microbiology 3-4 credit dilemma

So I took MICB 200: Medical Microbiology 3cr (just lecture) at WVU my junior year I could not take the lab because only medical technology program students were allowed. I was in the exercise physiology program.

I am applying at the end of may. My predicament is if I don't take a 4 credit micro till fall and my transcripts won't even have the class on it will it be ok in regards to getting interviews? Am I allowed to say I'm gonna take it in the fall on CASPA under coursework?

what should I put in regards to the supplemental that asks what courses are you using for pre-req? Should I even put down my micb200?

and will this hurt interview chances because my CASPA cum will be a 3.3 and science 3.35 but last 60+ credits ~3.8+

i just don't know if I will be weeded out because I have a 3.3 cum and a class pending.

I am in the same boat, I will have at least 1 class pending depending on the school, and my cGPA is a 3.3, science around a 3.1 though but I've had a pretty good positive trend in the last year and a half so I feel the same way. I would probably put the micro course down as already taken it so satisfy that pre-req, but put the lab in the planned section...most schools let you take the lab by itself if its a separate 1 hour course if you have already had or are currently taking a micro lecture course..just check with the school!

Just check with the school about if you should list it on your prereq. Also, the worry about being weeded out is also school specific. Some schools choose who to interview solely based on GPA (i.e. they interview anyone with above a 3.7 first, then 3.6, and onwards), while others do not and look at the entire application or have other algorithms for scoring your application before determining who to interview. It is completely school dependent. My guess is that for most schools you will not be able to figure out the exact way they review applications (i.e. you can't really call to ask about their algorithm).

Archived