Touro Manhattan Interview 2011

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

for those of you who have been accepted and are going... are you concerned at all about the PANCE score results? they posted them on their website and for the last year it was 80% (national avg 91%) ... most schools seriously have 95%+ this really concerns me. i can understand if they messed up one year, but theyve never even hit 90% see:http://www1.touro.edu/shs/pany/pany?disp=pance what do u guys think?

for those of you who have been accepted and are going... are you concerned at all about the PANCE score results? they posted them on their website and for the last year it was 80% (national avg 91%) ... most schools seriously have 95%+ this really concerns me. i can understand if they messed up one year, but theyve never even hit 90% see:http://www1.touro.edu/shs/pany/pany?disp=pance what do u guys think?

i just got invited for an interview and i was also worried about the PANCE score results.. please let me know if you get any info

I got into the Touro Manhattan program! interview on 2/15 and got accepted on 2/17... however, their PANCE results are at about 80% which is way below the national average and other schools are close to 100%..I will not be going there because of this low pass rate..their PA program also lost their accredidation a few years ago and only recently got it back...the only plus is a nice faculty and you can live in NYC

I got into the Touro Manhattan program! interview on 2/15 and got accepted on 2/17... however, their PANCE results are at about 80% which is way below the national average and other schools are close to 100%..I will not be going there because of this low pass rate..their PA program also lost their accredidation a few years ago and only recently got it back...the only plus is a nice faculty and you can live in NYC

Hi EMSjunkie,

Thank you so much for your feedback. Congrats on your acceptance. Although I am also very turned off by the PANCE results, I am still attending the interview to keep my options open. Would you mind sharing your experience with me? What kind of questions did they ask? Were there any essays? Was it laid back? I really appreciate your help in advance.

-Britpadr

• 4 weeks later...

In really really layman's terms, I would say that accreditation is like the school's license to teach the PA studies. If they lost their license that means they didn't meet the standards that review board set for all the schools. Basically, a school has to be able to teach what the accreditation board lists is necessary for a PA to be able to take the PANCE exam. If you want more technical info, you can check here: http://www.arc-pa.org/acc_standards/

And they might have lost it because of the issue with the purchased certificates.

In really really layman's terms, I would say that accreditation is like the school's license to teach the PA studies. If they lost their license that means they didn't meet the standards that review board set for all the schools. Basically, a school has to be able to teach what the accreditation board lists is necessary for a PA to be able to take the PANCE exam. If you want more technical info, you can check here: http://www.arc-pa.org/acc_standards/

And they might have lost it because of the issue with the purchased certificates.

thanks sxian ...touro obviously has accreditation now ,right??! lol.. and do you (or anyone else reading this) think that a graduate from this pa school may have atougher time in the job hunt? or practicing as a pa in general? i know ppl personally who graduated from there recently adn that doesnt seem to be an issue...just thought i'd ask here tho

thanks sxian ...touro obviously has accreditation now ,right??! lol.. and do you (or anyone else reading this) think that a graduate from this pa school may have atougher time in the job hunt? or practicing as a pa in general? i know ppl personally who graduated from there recently adn that doesnt seem to be an issue...just thought i'd ask here tho

Yup, they have accreditation now. Were you accepted? I spoke with a student who was doing his clinical rotations and he was really happy with the program. His preceptor PAs were also confident about his abilities, but we haven't kept in touch so I'm not sure how he's doing now. As for the job search, I think you'll be fine. From their site, it looks like they have many rotation locations and being in NYC you'll definitely see diverse cases (but then again it could just be all chronic conditions haha).

Anyhow, as for NOW Touro is fine. I'm not sure what will happen after graduation/passing the PANCE, but who ever knows?! That's the fun, scary part of life.

Yup, they have accreditation now. Were you accepted? I spoke with a student who was doing his clinical rotations and he was really happy with the program. His preceptor PAs were also confident about his abilities, but we haven't kept in touch so I'm not sure how he's doing now. As for the job search, I think you'll be fine. From their site, it looks like they have many rotation locations and being in NYC you'll definitely see diverse cases (but then again it could just be all chronic conditions haha).

Anyhow, as for NOW Touro is fine. I'm not sure what will happen after graduation/passing the PANCE, but who ever knows?! That's the fun, scary part of life.

Archived