I messed up during ortho negotiation

So i went to this ortho job interview IN maryland and got the job offer. The interview environment was kind of fast paced, pressuring (a doc, office manager and Hr personnel interviewing me at the same time) and i was rushed to make a decision on how much i want for the ortho position.

The doc was interested in me. he asked me how much i make now, i told him and he asked me how much i would like to make and i gave him a range but he wanted exact number so i said 95k which is 10k less than what i make now. i have two years experience all of it non ortho. 95k could be a fair salary but i have no idea why i agreed to start for 10k less than what i make now. I am very interested in the new experience i could get, but i know i messed up big time.

SO i have another appointment with him in few days to get started on some paper work and i would like to bring up the salary issue and see if i can work something out. I know it will sound, unprofessional, foolish, to ask for a new negotiation after coming on to an agreement. But i don't want to have any reservations when i start the job.

Please let me know if you have any idea how i can approach and solve this unpleasant situation...

thanks

So i went to this ortho job interview IN maryland and got the job offer. The interview environment was kind of fast paced, pressuring (a doc, office manager and Hr personnel interviewing me at the same time) and i was rushed to make a decision on how much i want for the ortho position.

The doc was interested in me. he asked me how much i make now, i told him and he asked me how much i would like to make and i gave him a range but he wanted exact number so i said 95k which is 10k less than what i make now. i have two years experience all of it non ortho. 95k could be a fair salary but i have no idea why i agreed to start for 10k less than what i make now. I am very interested in the new experience i could get, but i know i messed up big time.

SO i have another appointment with him in few days to get started on some paper work and i would like to bring up the salary issue and see if i can work something out. I know it will sound, unprofessional, foolish, to ask for a new negotiation after coming on to an agreement. But i don't want to have any reservations when i start the job.

Please let me know if you have any idea how i can approach and solve this unpleasant situation...

thanks

Archived